Dish is sending me a free 922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mfinchv1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Called bout the hopper again yesterday. Still considered a new customer...been with them since jan. So i asked about the 922...said they can do one per household for free!!!! So now ill have 2 722s and a 922...so wenesday the tech will be out. I can not have the hopper...but getting closer to it!!!

Its much more stable now, glad you got it for free...Hope you enjoy it!

Feel lucky. Dish wanted $200 from me last time I asked for the 922 (granted this was a while before Hopper.) Got 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys for $200 a few months back though.

Hooking up the 922 right now. I still want the hopper and joeys though!! This tech says...hes only installed one in bloomington indiana

It really depends what a person wants for me the 922/wMT2 is the perfect fit because I don't care if I'm able to access my recordings elsewhere.That's why my setup is my 922/wMT2 and 3-211ks.

Having the Slingbox builtin is a plus and OTA a plus also.:)

Kk....so no channel logos at all. Any ideas?? Tech didnt know. Ive done preferences all that. I also noticed...no 501 vod....plus says my hd is 500 gb....what?? Thought it was a 1tb?

Kk....so no channel logos at all. Any ideas?? Tech didnt know. Ive done preferences all that. I also noticed...no 501 vod....plus says my hd is 500 gb....what?? Thought it was a 1tb?

It can take a couple of days for everything to start showing up. The receiver needs to download all the information. It does have a 1TB drive but the user partition is 500 gb.

It was expanded recently. Now it's 1.2TB for the user, if the user doesn't use PTAT.

The 922 has a 1TB drive, half of which is available for your recordings. The Hopper has a 2TB drive, 1.2TB of which you could potentially use if you turn off PTAT. It has always annoyed some of us (me included) to advertise the size of the drive, when in fact you can't use much of it because of Dish pushing their overpriced movies to "their" portion of the disk.

TheKrell said:
The 922 has a 1TB drive, half of which is available for your recordings. The Hopper has a 2TB drive, 1.2TB of which you could potentially use if you turn off PTAT. It has always annoyed some of us (me included) to advertise the size of the drive, when in fact you can't use much of it because of Dish pushing their overpriced movies to "their" portion of the disk.

iritates me too. I see no reason for the division to be the way it is. At least give the customer 75%. Also what good is an app section if you can't add to it.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I'm one of the lucky one. Our 922 has been great. We love logos and over all UI of 922, and the 2 Tuner OTA module add critical flexibility for our situation. You will find a few features missing and some new ways of accessing features and maintaining timers, etc. It will prepare you for the Hopper. Overall a really good upgrade for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)