Dish it Up! - Do you send back the remote too?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
Was wondering. They don't specifically ask for it, but don't want any problems if I don't ship it back with the 921.

Got the box today.

:-jon

When I returned my 811, I'm pretty sure that on the paper that was included in the return box, it said to put the remote in. I assume it is the same for all recievers.

They ask for the remotes for the 811 and 942 (I'm sure they can be resold or refurbished), but I can't see why they would want the remote for the 921 - E* is just going to grind them into dust. Anyway, just follow the enclosed instructions. If they don't ask for them to be returned then so what you wish with the remotes.

Dunno....the instructions for returning my 942 did not include returning the remotes, so I didn't. Didn't seem to cause any problem - I've got 2 extra remotes now, tho I don't know what I'll do with them.

JonUrban said:
Was wondering. They don't specifically ask for it, but don't want any problems if I don't ship it back with the 921.

Got the box today.

:-jon
Nope, the instructions don't say to return the remote, I sent my 921 without it and got my rebate.

Cold Irons said:
...I've got 2 extra remotes now, tho I don't know what I'll do with them.
If you have kids or dogs you'll find a use for them sooner or later! Just don't store them with the batteries still in them. Even the "wrong" remote will control most functions of your current receiver. The controls on my 811's remote are almost identical to the 622's. The 811's even has the PIP buttons even tho' that receiver doesn't have that feature. So in most cases "one size fits all" (almost).

I have my sat signals flying around to multiple receivers. It's always great to have extra remotes in the rooms that don't have the receivers. The UHF ones are best of course but the IR ones work with a remote extender...

Also - exact replacements for the newer remotes cost up to $40 through the retailers. I have to think you could unload them on ebay for some good bucks...

When I ordered my 622 I specifically asked whether the remote for my 921 had to be returned. The Tech said no. They have no use for it. Keep it. I haven't sent my 921 back yet, but I plan on keeping the remote when I do.

The paperwork regarding the 942 return did not say to return the remotes. However I called and asked to talk to a supervisor and was told to only return the actual box. They weren't interested in the old sticky remotes. So I didn't and got my rebate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts