Dish Joey Wifi

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dustin Fette

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
az
I tried googling this but nothing came up. Today I learned that you can run Joeys over wifi without using coax. I tried it and so far its working great. So my question is has anyone tried this? I read a bunch of stuff about people doing it over cat5 and cat6 but nothing came up with wifi. I was told not to do it because it slows down your router. When I first started just using the wifi the Joey was very slow but then it started acting normal. I haven't noticed any difference in my internet speed either.

As a technician this is really amazing. I don't plan to do every job like this but for some jobs this will be a life saver.

I tried googling this but nothing came up. Today I learned that you can run Joeys over wifi without using coax. I tried it and so far its working great. So my question is has anyone tried this? I read a bunch of stuff about people doing it over cat5 and cat6 but nothing came up with wifi. I was told not to do it because it slows down your router. When I first started just using the wifi the Joey was very slow but then it started acting normal. I haven't noticed any difference in my internet speed either.

As a technician this is really amazing. I don't plan to do every job like this but for some jobs this will be a life saver.

As a technician you should really join the installer zone, lost of info in there, as well as a place to let off steam that wont offend customers.

So the $64,000 question is will Dish make it quit working in the future? :)

I happened to look on our work tablet and found a link to a survey that asked "if the Joey was wirelass would this change the placement of the Joey?" Or some other wording to that effect. So I am assuming that it is being tested in other locations other than mine. I think that Dish is researching this ability and you will probably see some kind of proceedire and standard requirement tomake wireless Joey's a reality.

I happened to look on our work tablet and found a link to a survey that asked "if the Joey was wirelass would this change the placement of the Joey?" Or some other wording to that effect. So I am assuming that it is being tested in other locations other than mine. I think that Dish is researching this ability and you will probably see some kind of proceedire and standard requirement tomake wireless Joey's a reality.

Thanks for that info. I've been hesitant to install any wireless Joeys in customer's houses out of fear that one day we'd wake up and they wouldn't work any more.

I used to be an installer and I have 1 hopper 3 joeys. One Joey wired. The other two wifi only and to this day I have not had one single issue on ANY of mine.

I installed some customers wireless joeys too to save time on line runs or picky customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts