dish latino

memo90061

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 26, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
so i ordered dish network. i got the DVR advantage AND dish latino and i was just checking and the spanish channels dont even come up on the guide.. what satellite do you need to get dish latino? i only got the dish 1000.2.

i only see univision, telefutura, galavision.. right now it says acquiring satellite signal. :/

Probably you had a alignment problem with your dish, I would suggest since you are a new costumer to call your installer to re-check the issue , I could never
left the costumer house without verifying all the programming he -she is paying for are on their TV.

am i correct in assuming that you did the install yourself.. if so then you possible did it wrong. i see so many dishes in trees and 7-8 year old, breaking apart, warped or just junk dishes.. if so please let a tech install it, if dish installed then call in a trouble call because the 110 sat isnt there

i did that and it froze the box! i had to hold power.. now im scared to check! haha

ok now i cant see none of the HD channels, i can just hear them.. what do i do?

EDIT: jeeze i just turned off the box and turned it back on and its working.. yup im a noob.

Okay there is a problem somewhere. I vote for some reception issues or switch problem.

Checking your signal strength on the satellite receivers will not harm the receiver. If the receiver freezes and reboots, there is a problem somewhere already and you need to call customer support to have some one fix or replace the broken or misaligned part.

Please check your signal strength at 110° by pressing MENU+6+1+1. Select 110 and look at transponder 1. There are several DL channels there. Let us know what part of the country you are in and your signal strength.

Also what model receiver? 622, 211, etc?

See ya
Tony

i live in los angeles, ca. i have the vip 722.

i am looking at the signal strength for all these transponders and most of them are in the 40s. satellite 110 transponder 1 is at 42.

That signal is okay, but on the low side and susseptible to rain fade with not so much cloud cover. Remeber that "rain fade" is really "thick cloud fade". I know that is usually not a problem in LA. But it is something that could have caused your problems when you were posting "it works...now it doesn't...now it does!"

For those not familiar with the new scale on the x22 series, add 30 to the numbers and you get what the old scale was. 10 is the threshhold for no signal. 40 is about what 70 used to be.

See ya
Tony

hmmm right now it said acquiring satellite signal and its downloading the program guide. :/ so thats why it says the numbers have been modified?

thanks for your help!

i live in los angeles, ca. i have the vip 722.

i am looking at the signal strength for all these transponders and most of them are in the 40s. satellite 110 transponder 1 is at 42.

i have a 622, and there is a note that there was a software change in the signal meter which will cause the strength to show up lower than it is.

urgh another problem! i was changing channels and came across dish home so i changed the channel fast and it froze. i know it usually takes a while for that to load but the screen has been black for a minute and now i think it just restarted by itself.

Where is the receiver located? It needs to be in a ventilated area or else the receiver is gonna keep rebooting.

Regarding the SS, I think for 110 40s should be OK but may want to call Dish Network and explain the problems you're having and they can send someone to peak the dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts