Finally have service!

jjnanj

Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Garden City, MI
After a hideous mess over the last 2 weekends, our service is finally up and running.

We have the dish 1000 and a 722 receiver on our Samsung DLP, and I can finally say that this looks better than Comcast.

It was a nightmare though. Our hardware was installed this past Saturday, and everything worked fine that night for about 5 hours.

When we woke up Sunday morning there was no signal to be found. Well after 1 1/2 hours on the phone with tech support we were no closer to a solution, and to add insult to injury I was disconnected during a transfer to the "real" tech support...Just in time to miss the Lions get trounced:mad:.

Luckily the installer that we had left me his number and told me to call if there were ANY problems. So I did...though I wasn't expecting anyone to answer.

Sure enough he did, and he even came back out to see if he could fix it. Unfortunately he couldn't and the soonest he could come back out again was yesterday (Tuesday).

Well he came out and tested it again, then replaced the switch, then finally the receiver. That was where the problem was.

Bad receiver out of the box costs me 2 1/2 days of tv time, thankfully I hadn't canceled comcast.

Anyways I am grateful to the installer for his help even though it took 2 1/2 days to get the problem fixed.

Not sure why I am posting this, but it feels good to finally have resolution here:D.

After a hideous mess over the last 2 weekends, our service is finally up and running.

We have the dish 1000 and a 722 receiver on our Samsung DLP, and I can finally say that this looks better than Comcast.

It was a nightmare though. Our hardware was installed this past Saturday, and everything worked fine that night for about 5 hours.

When we woke up Sunday morning there was no signal to be found. Well after 1 1/2 hours on the phone with tech support we were no closer to a solution, and to add insult to injury I was disconnected during a transfer to the "real" tech support...Just in time to miss the Lions get trounced:mad:.

Luckily the installer that we had left me his number and told me to call if there were ANY problems. So I did...though I wasn't expecting anyone to answer.

Sure enough he did, and he even came back out to see if he could fix it. Unfortunately he couldn't and the soonest he could come back out again was yesterday (Tuesday).

Well he came out and tested it again, then replaced the switch, then finally the receiver. That was where the problem was.

Bad receiver out of the box costs me 2 1/2 days of tv time, thankfully I hadn't canceled comcast.

Anyways I am grateful to the installer for his help even though it took 2 1/2 days to get the problem fixed.

Not sure why I am posting this, but it feels good to finally have resolution here:D.

Make sure you keep you're 722 cool. They run hot. You need a fan if you keep it in a cabinet.

The 722 is in an open air entertainment center with only a small dvd player on top of it. Hopefully it doesn't run any hotter than a xbox 360 (which luckily has not been kissed by the red-ring-of-death...yet).

So far I am very satisfied with what I have seen, the only problem that I am having now is with the DVR...just a little bit different than the Comcast one I just got rid of. Kind of a pain to get this thing to record 2 shows at the same time, or to watch something other than whats recording.

Other than that, this service is great. Gotta love those HD channels!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts