Dish Launches All MPEG4 Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Without much fanfare, after years of planning last night Dish Networks new all MPEG4 satellite service went live to customers in 21 select cities. ...

CLICK HERE FOR THE REST...

Catch new editions of "The Satellite Dish" at MultiChannel.COM!

I had Dish installed yesterday 8/21 I am in the Boston area so I did not get the 1000.4 dish I have 2 dish's one for 110 and 119 and the other for 61.5. I have a VIP 722 DVR and a VIP 222 which I believe are MPEG4, but does this mean I am getting MPEG2 and will not get MPEG4 until I am able to get a 1000.4 dish? Will I have to pay to upgrade to 1000.4 later?

Anything you get from 61.5 is probably Mpeg4, and some of the channels you get from 110 & 119 will be Mpeg4. I think if it's available in Mpeg4 & Mpeg2 from any satellite you're pointed at, the receiver will default to the Mpeg4 channel...??

And if you lose signal from one sat and it's available on another sat, regardless of it being Mpeg4 or Mpeg2, the receiver will switch to the good signal....?
And revert back to the default when it becomes available again...

How can you check if you are getting MPEG4

Check out The List!.

Go to subscription then choose the sat that you get. It will list all the channels and tell you if it is MPEG2 or MPEG4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts