Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DISH, one of the nation’s leading pay-TV providers, today announced the launch of the TVB Jadeworld programming package that includes TVB1, TVB2, TVBe, TVBS and CCTV 4. DISH is the exclusive satellite provider of TVB’s leading Cantonese and Mandarin-language channels.

“TVB provides an excellent assortment of East Asian programming and we are pleased the network chose to move its content to DISH’s extensive international lineup,” said Dave Shull, DISH senior vice president of programming. “The addition of Jadeworld strengthens DISH’s status as the leader in international programming among all major pay-TV providers in the U.S., and we believe new and existing subscribers will be thrilled.”

“We are extremely grateful for TVB viewers who continue to support us over the years,” said Philip Tam, president of TVB (USA) Inc. “With DISH’s huge international offering and advanced viewing options, we hope it will allow TVB viewers more ways to easily and legally access TVB programs in the U.S.”

Jadeworld is available with DISH’s Chinese Basic Pack for $39.99 per month. The Chinese Basic Pack includes 25 channels featuring exclusive coverage of top Asian sports, Chinese-subtitled cooking shows, children’s educational programming, as well as news, documentaries and dramas from the U.S. and U.K.

DISH also launched TVB Vietnam into the My Viet Pack priced at $24.99 per month, TVBS into the Taiwanese Mega Pack at no additional cost, and TVB8 into the Chinese Basic Pack and as a $5 per month a la carte option.

In addition, the Jadeworld programming package and TVB Vietnam are available on the DISHWorld IPTV platform for $39.99 and $14.99 per month, respectively. Accessible on Roku players and an application on Macs and PCs, DISHWorld offers the perfect solution for customers in multi-dwelling units, apartments and college dormitories without access to satellite television.

TVB channel descriptions are listed below.

TVB1 (ch. 9988): TVB1’s comprehensive program lineup includes popular TVB dramas, daily Hong Kong, U.S. and world news, financial reports, current event talk shows, and lifestyle and travel programs.

TVB2 (ch. 9987): In addition to daily satellite-fed Hong Kong, U.S. and world news, TVB2’s infotainment scope includes children’s and travel programs, music varieties, top-rated dramas and situation comedies.

TVBe (ch. 9986): TVBe delivers up-to-the-minute entertainment news reports, daily market analysis, TVBN news reports, hit dramas, reality series and magazine shows about celebrities, medicine and health, Feng Shui fortune-telling, home improvement, technology, travel, food and music.

TVBS (ch. 9985): Highly acclaimed for its in-depth newscasts, TVBS offers renowned news digests and talk shows that examine pressing political and economic issues in Taiwan, Hong Kong and China. Popular programming includes Speaking your Mind 2100, News Meal at 2000 and News Night Club, as well as hit dramas, travel programs and music video countdowns.

CCTV 4 (ch. 9916): Specializing in news reports, CCTV 4 presents domestic and international news events in a timely, objective and intensive way. It also delivers entertainment, educational and consulting services.

TVB Vietnam (ch. 9998): The first 24-hour Vietnamese-dubbed TVB drama channel in the U.S., TVB Vietnam provides endless dramas including action, romance, comedy, family and sci-fi.

TVB8 (ch. 9938): TVB8 compiles the best programming from China, Taiwan and Hong Kong including news, entertainment reports, interviews, talk shows, travelogues, music programs, hit dramas and sitcoms.

For more information or to order, call 1-888-202-8168 or visit www.DISHCantoneseTV.com for DISH satellite television; call 1-888-991-8168 or www.DISHWorld.com for the DISHWorld IPTV service.

Bring on the Exodus of non English speaking customers. I need to work on my charades....that's only just a joke, well partly.

This is gonna be a money maker!!!!

I have it in freeview along with several other Indian channels at this time. I love the Indian news channels - everything is in big headline news.... and everything is reported breathlessly....

I have been a DTV user for 10years+ due to having access to Jadeworld (TVB Channels). Now switching to Dish Network because of the Jadeworld switch to Dish. Question: Am I really required to change out the dish for this to work? Will a Dish Network receiver work with a Direct TV Dish that was originally getting international channels? And does that TVB is moving to another satellite also? So the dish needs to be re directed? Thanks in advance..

Just that the apartment my father is in are a pain..When we had direct TV come and put up the antenna, it was a long and painful board process to get approval. I could just imagine if they need to take down the DTV dish and put up the Dish Network dish might require me to do the whole process over.

Last edited:
keycard said:
I have been a DTV user for 10years+ due to having access to Jadeworld (TVB Channels). Now switching to Dish Network because of the Jadeworld switch to Dish. Question: Am I really required to change out the dish for this to work? Will a Dish Network receiver work with a Direct TV Dish that was originally getting international channels? And does that TVB is moving to another satellite also? So the dish needs to be re directed? Thanks in advance..

Just that the apartment my father is in are a pain..When we had direct TV come and put up the antenna, it was a long and painful board process to get approval. I could just imagine if they need to take down the DTV dish and put up the Dish Network dish might require me to do the whole process over.

Directv's dish will not work with Dish network's equipment. Sorry but you need a whole new system. Especially for international programming.

You might also consider getting a Roku device. Dish announced that the Jadeworld channels would also be available on Roku DishWorld Channel. That way you can keep DirecTV and not have to change your Dish. Just hook the Roku up to your TV, have Wifi in your home, and subscribe to DishWorld separately.

Thanks---I talked to the Chinese sales rep about the ROKU route also, but my father doesn't have a PC or internet access-- where he is at (It's a senior condo housing situation). Does anyone know what type of dish will Dishnetwork install for the Jade Channel and regular programming? I'm getting mine install next week. Thanks!

keycard said:
Thanks---I talked to the Chinese sales rep about the ROKU route also, but my father doesn't have a PC or internet access-- where he is at (It's a senior condo housing situation). Does anyone know what type of dish will Dishnetwork install for the Jade Channel and regular programming? I'm getting mine install next week. Thanks!

If just standard its going to.be a 500 plus dish. Larger than most directive dishes. If you have any HD programming you'll get a 1000plus. Same dish just an added lnb to pick up extra satellite. Chances are your gonna end up with multiple lines from the dish location unless your installer is lucky to have a new DPP1000plus. But dish is so slammed with the swap they have pulled out the slightly older lnbs that need an external switch. Its a bummer but it is what it is.

If you sign up with HD and then cancel it later (if you dont need it) you'll be more than likely be able to get atleast a switch that will allow only one cable run to each reciever.

He is just going to have regular TV---If he is getting the 200 Channel plus the Jade world--would it just be the 500+ Plus dish in this case? Or will he/she be putting in a 500+ and also a additional Lnb for the jadeworld international channel....thanks!

If just standard its going to.be a 500 plus dish. Larger than most directive dishes. If you have any HD programming you'll get a 1000plus. Same dish just an added lnb to pick up extra satellite. Chances are your gonna end up with multiple lines from the dish location unless your installer is lucky to have a new DPP1000plus. But dish is so slammed with the swap they have pulled out the slightly older lnbs that need an external switch. Its a bummer but it is what it is.

If you sign up with HD and then cancel it later (if you dont need it) you'll be more than likely be able to get atleast a switch that will allow only one cable run to each reciever.

He is just going to have regular TV---If he is getting the 200 Channel plus the Jade world--would it just be the 500+ Plus dish in this case? Or will he/she be putting in a 500+ and also a additional Lnb for the jadeworld international channel....thanks!

keycard said:

The 500+ has the 118.7 included already. The additional would be for HD programming.

all this and you gotta pay extra for local channels, gotta love that,
My 24 months agreement states to get free local channel I have to be subscribed to the Required Minimum Programming Packages or higher cost programming package, The DishLATINO is $29.99/month, Smart Pack is $24.99/month, and DISH America is $34.99/month, my package is $39.99/month and my representative said it qualifies me for free local channels and yet I have to pay more for local channels, and here's the lame excuse I got from DISH, you have to be subscribed to an english package, hmmmmmmm............didn't see that in my service agreement...................DISHSATIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All what?

Here's the agreement, if you think they are not abiding by it tell them where.

B. Minimum Programming Levels. If your applicable Package Plan Agreement specifies required minimum
programming, you must subscribe to such programming. Otherwise, you must subscribe to one or more of the following
programming packages: Welcome Pack, Latino Welcome, DISH America or a higher version of such packages; a
qualifying International package plus one of the following: International Basic Package, Chinese Basic Package, or a
previously listed package. We may change such minimum programming requirements at any time.

My question is about something else... Are the channel numbers correct since what's listed in the OP is 99xx while I had DISH installed with the Hopper last Saturday, 11/17/2012, America Everything + JadeWorld, the channels are 626-x in the EPG, I don't see anything in the guide for channels 99xx.

Almighty1 said:
My question is about something else... Are the channel numbers correct since what's listed in the OP is 99xx while I had DISH installed with the Hopper last Saturday, 11/17/2012, America Everything + JadeWorld, the channels are 626-x in the EPG, I don't see anything in the guide for channels 99xx.

That's because the guide for Hopper is totally differrent than all the previous recievers. You should still be getting all your programming. I think this try to do that to make things a little easierthan putting in 4 numbers aandyou don't Havering scroll thru hundredsof channelsto find yourprogramming.

Didn't realize that the Hopper has a different channel # compared to the non-Hopper boxes as I thought the Hopper other than missing DISH Home channel 100, all the other channel #'s were the same as neither DISH nor TVB disclosed the channel numbers and said the channels will be available at 12:00AM on 11/18. It took me 4 hours before I finally noticed the channels were at 626.x instead of the 99xx that is advertised all over the place. I wonder what time did the channels actually started service, was it exactly at 12:00AM on 11/18 or was it slightly before that.

Digital Home Advantage Plan Agreement

Required Minimum Programming Packages: You must subscribe at all times to one of the Required Minimum Programming Packages listed or a higher cost programming package. You represent that you have been informed whether you are eligible to receive local network by satellite.

Programming Package:

DishLatino $22.00/mo.
Smart Pack $24.99/mo.
DISH America $34.99/mo.

Jadeworld Pack/Chinese Basic $39.99/mo.

Digital Home Advantage Plan Agreement

Required Minimum Programming Packages: You must subscribe at all times to one of the Required Minimum Programming Packages listed or a higher cost programming package. You represent that you have been informed whether you are eligible to receive local network by satellite.

Programming Package:

DishLatino $22.00/mo.
Smart Pack $24.99/mo.
DISH America $34.99/mo.

Jadeworld Pack/Chinese Basic $39.99/mo.

It's funny they only advertise Jadeworld + Chinese basic for $39.99/month but fails to mention one can get Jadeworld Pack for $29.99 as long as you have some other english package as I ordered Jadeworld Pack $29.99 + America Everything for new service on November 17, 2012.

With the Roku device, all I need to hook up this device is to the TV. Do I need to hook up a PC also to my HD tv also?

No, you don't hook the PC to the TV. If you get a Roku model that can receive a wifi signal, you only hook the Roku to your TV. Just have a wireless router in your house. Get a Roku model with wifi, then your Roku will receive the wireless signal from your router. I think some older pre-wifi Roku models have a cable running to the computer. Check the Roku website for more details on the devices they sell. You can also find them on Amazon or eBay. If you have an HDTV, you will want a Roku 2 XD or one of the other HDTV-compatible models. You should also get an HDMI cable to run between the Roku and your HDTV because the Roku only comes with the RCA (yellow/red/white) cable, but it does have an optional input for an HDMI cable. You can buy the HDMI cable on Amazon or eBay much cheaper than from Roku or in the store.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)