Dish Liability?

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
The Dish technician insisted that I let him move the Dish off my eve of the roof and let him install it directly on my roof. Now after several years, the Dish screws into my roof have leaked and my roof and joists have rotted below the Dish. Is Dish Liable for the damage to my roof?

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
The Dish technician insisted that I let him move the Dish off my eve of the roof and let him install it directly on my roof. Now after several years, the Dish screws into my roof have leaked and my roof and joists have rotted below the Dish. Is Dish Liable for the damage to my roof?
We can understand how something like this can be upsetting. Let's take a look at how we can turn this experience around.

Could you send us a message to this link to get started? Direct Chat

It worked as I said before. I just clicked on the link and it opened in Chrome on my Android phone.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

[QUOTE="thomasjk, post: 4562100, member:
Nevermind

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Roof mounts are a bad practice imo. How many actually have lag bolts hitting the rafter or are sealed properly? I'm betting less than you think.

If you installed it your self without any guidance or instructions from Dish. I would think it's your problem. OOpps I didn't read this from the first page. SORRY
Larry

How long ago was this put on the roof? "Several years" can cover a large range..

I do not remember exactly, but Dish techs insisted that they put it there. Is there a time limit to liability?

I do not remember exactly, but Dish techs insisted that they put it there. Is there a time limit to liability?

Will it is my opinion only but Time is a factor. I will be surprised if you get any compensation unless it was a very recent install. Other than that it is more like your typical home maintenance is my guess. Never hurts to try though and might be surprised.

The time limit would likely be the length of the installation warranty. I have no idea how Dish handles that but 30 to 90 days, one year, etc, would be common terms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts