Dish Liquidating 25,000 40" HDTV's $699

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
Just saw this commercial on G4-Tech-TV.

Dish is liquidating 25,000 40" Rear Projection HDTV's with universal remote (for their loyal customers)

They are offering them at $699.00 + $100 S&H (A 1,599.00 value)

1-866-436-9498

Hmm....

Might be ok for a low budget intro to HD.

I don't believe the 40" TV's are worth the $699, maybe $499 but not $699.

The 32" Tube Sets however are worth the $699 and are actually decent little TV's.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I don't believe the 40" TV's are worth the $699, maybe $499 but not $699.

The 32" Tube Sets however are worth the $699 and are actually decent little TV's.

With the 921 bundle, it works out to $450 for the TV. Are these sets functionally comparable, except for one being a DLP RPTV and the other a direct view? Why don't you like the DLP? Conversely, why do you like the direct view set? Thanks for your insight. It's tough to make a decision on something sight unseen.

Stever1....I told you a few days ago that the 40" is NOT a DLP! Where did you hear this?

I Believe The 40" Is A Rear Proj. "CRT" Beast. If So The HD Should Be GREAT But The SD Channels Will Be Real BAD!

I just got the 34" for $499 - a special Dish ran in Denver last weekend.
It's not a bad set but the geometry is really off.
Hopefully getting it calibrated will fix it.

The 40" TV is a RCA CRT Rear Projection! At $699 in my opinion it's not that bad a deal, but do consider there is probably a lot better TV set out there for just a little more! Also consider that it is only 40" and the base is not that tall! But overall it might not be that bad a deal for a secondary HD TV!

izod said:
Any idea what they'll be replacing the 40" line with?

On the Tech Chat/Forum they talked about LCD flatscreens. Check out the Tech Chat/Forum summary thread for specific details of sizes and prices.

The sighting of the deal is the first post.

You can call 1-866-436-9498 for more info.

Also, welcome to SatelliteGuys. Hope you enjoy your stay :)

Granted this isn't the best deal out there.

Granted this isn't the BEST HDTV out there.

It was something I saw on a commercial. I reversed my DVR and kept playing it back as I typed in the info.

For someone wanting an entry (I said entry) level HDTV Rear projection set, this may be an option.

Considering I gave $2,149.00 for my Hitachi 57" a year ago, this $699 isn't going to break the budget of average joe american. The WAF isn't going to be a problem either. It would be on a $2000+ set.

I just think that Dish jumped the gun on HDTV. Market says that only 15% of all american households have HD. IT hasn't quite caught on yet. I give it 2 to 3 years and it will catch up and hit critical mass.

By then, the DVR's will be up to par and make a great HT experience.

If I am going to spend this kind of money on it then I might as well spend just a touch more since the better HD with a bigger screen is within reach of that price. I seen Wal-Mart Have a Philips Projection 51+" HD tv for $992 advertised a little while back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)