Dish LNB = VOOM LNB

Spike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Suburbs of Milwaukee
Dish LNB = VOOM LNB???

Hello everyone,

I have an old VOOM LNB. Can it be used to bring in Dishnetwork's 61.5 Satellite programing, if a person has Dish's 811 receiver? Does anyone know?

Yes and no. Depends on what equipment you have. The older version is called legacy and it will work with the right multi switch. The newer stuff is Dish Pro which is not compatible. Dish Pro can be identified by looking at the dish lnb or multiswitch if there is one you will the word Dish Pro or DP.

If it is a superdish (3 foot oval) you also have a DP 34 switch which needs to be replaced with a DP 44 switch. These aren't cheap its best to call dish to have it done. Now if it is a Dish500 (20" round dish) then all you need is a DP21 switch and a DP lnb.

Thank you sir!!! I have one more question. Do they make switches that go to two locations? If so what is it called. I figure, if I'm going to install a switch I might just as well do it once and be done with it. I can get the second HD receiver later.

Yes that would be a DP 34 switch with 4 outputs. I have both setups available. $40 shipped for either one. Let me know if interested. I accept paypal.

sattech said:
If it is a superdish (3 foot oval) you also have a DP 34 switch which needs to be replaced with a DP 44 switch. These aren't cheap its best to call dish to have it done. Now if it is a Dish500 (20" round dish) then all you need is a DP21 switch and a DP lnb.

But, he also mention that he still has his Voom dish and so do I. So how do we make the voom dish work instead of buying another dish500/300?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)