Dish Lnbf For 119w And 118.75w ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dish-Direc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Do we have information on the LNB that can pick up both of these satellites on the same dish? I am hearing that the Invacom QPH-031 will pick them up, but I can not figure out if this is dishpro compatible or legacy compatible.

Dish-Direc said:
Do we have information on the LNB that can pick up both of these satellites on the same dish? I am hearing that the Invacom QPH-031 will pick them up, but I can not figure out if this is dishpro compatible or legacy compatible.

As of right now we dont.. The Inivacom LNB wont work as the signals on the FSS Side is Circular instead of linuear. (im hearing this from John H and P smith :) )

Here is web site for all listed satellites for dish network. It will tell the channels on each satellite. http://ekb.dbstalk.com/129list.htm
It has the 118 satellite listed, which has some HD Local listed that are not on air yet.

Last edited:
Actually, Invacom works fine.

Although the FCC license grants them both linear and circular broadcasting, the FSS broadcasts for DN are in 11.7~12.2 (according to the filing) which is FSS Linear band. There is no license granted allowing 12.2~12.7 Circular band broadcasting as it would interfere with Echo7.

I'm watching 118 right now using a 30" dish and Xtreme LNBF. I know people watching it with an Invacom also. The new Dish plus's seem to have as their central LNB a circular/linear lnbf much like the QPH031.

goaliebob99 said:
As of right now we dont.. The Inivacom LNB wont work as the signals on the FSS Side is Circular instead of linuear. (im hearing this from John H and P smith :) )

by the way...what are you watching on 118? Only thing there free is the "you have a Dish Plus"

Attachments

• IM000812.JPG
    IM000812.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 304
I can't get how your Invacom linear part could get circular signal if 118.75W have 11 pairs, and only one transponder alone ?
I'm do not count circular part, but if your signal is high and your receiver can accept IF in 450...950 MHz range, well could be.

P Smith
I scanned 118.7 with my Invacom quad on the linear side (10750) and got transponders but really low quality (60 on the Coolsat...63 is stable picture)

The above picture is the only free item on there :D

Mine shows low quality, but is suprisingly watchable.

I get no pixelization at all on my stb even though my quality hovers in the 20% range. Don't for the life of me know why - perfectly watchable. My wife is curious too, because I can't watch 97W with that kind of quality. It's odd.

Iceberg said:
P Smith
I scanned 118.7 with my Invacom quad on the linear side (10750) and got transponders but really low quality (60 on the Coolsat...63 is stable picture)

The above picture is the only free item on there :D

Here are some Broadlogic Spectrum Analyzer plots. Two are using a circular dbs lnbf at 119 degrees. It shows both Echostar 7 and part of AMC 16. The four signals on the left are on AMC 16. The others are on Echostar 7. The rest of AMC 16 is cut off because the dbs lnbf can't tune any lower. The third plot is of AMC 16 with a linear lnbf. It looks like crap because the circular signals overlap one another when using a linear lnbf.

Attachments

• Echostar 119 - AMC 16 Left.jpg
    Echostar 119 - AMC 16 Left.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 328
  • Echostar 119 - AMC 16 Right.jpg
    Echostar 119 - AMC 16 Right.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 286
  • AMC 16 Linear.jpg
    AMC 16 Linear.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 274
Thanks, but for those of us unfamiliar with Spectrum Analyzers...

Could you explain exactly what that means?

photoman76 said:
Here are some Broadlogic Spectrum Analyzer plots. Two are using a circular dbs lnbf at 119 degrees. It shows both Echostar 7 and part of AMC 16. The four signals on the left are on AMC 16. The others are on Echostar 7. The rest of AMC 16 is cut off because the dbs lnbf can't tune any lower. The third plot is of AMC 16 with a linear lnbf. It looks like crap because the circular signals overlap one another when using a linear lnbf.

photoman76 said:
check this http://dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=589831&postcount=72

Don't know off the top of my head but its the normal KU band (11.7-12.2) and they go in 20K steps

etc

below is the "Dish Plus" screen
11840 H 26000

Attachments

• IM000813.JPG
    IM000813.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 355

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)