dish locals & analog OTA

mammothskier

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2004
It might have been discussed here, but I can't find any reference.
Is ot possible to have dish locals AND a few channels of analog OTA at the same time? Every time I add analog OTA channel to 811, it switches to OTA locals and dish locals are gone. If I go menu 6-1-5 and switch on dish locals, I can't tune to the analog OTA channels. :(

You can only have one or the other not both at the same time.If you MUST have a OTA local you will only be able to get the dish locals in the 7000-9000 range (Yours will be somewhere in that area) they just won't be on thier OTA number.

You can not map dish locals (LiL) and Analog OTA locals to the channel assignment range of 2-99 in the EPG simultaneously. Your LiL locals would be pushed out to their respective LiL arrangement probably somewhere in the 7xxx-9xxx assignment range. You can however, map LiL and OTA Digital locals side-by-side in the 2-99 assignment range, as shown in attached pic. Yellow locals are Digital OTA, White are LiL.

Hope this helps,
Jason

attachment.php

Since I am being instant messaged to clarify, Sorry, the below settings will only work will ALL Digital OTA and LiL....map even 1 Analog OTA and it will not work.

Sorry for the confusion.
Jason