DISH Locals Launching in June

what kind of dish will people in the wheeling,wv / steubenville,oh dma need to get locals and is there a list of what channels will be available in this area?

unknown as they are not uplinked yet

but I'll hazard a guess channels will be

WTRF and its two subchanels (CBS, FOX, ABC), WTOV (NBC) and WVPBS

what about cw and mynetwork tv? What channels will wheeling/steubenville get for those networks?

so my answer on the 20th TO YOUR SAME QUESTION I guess wasnt good enough :rolleyes:

If its in your market they can add it....CW you may get WPIX NY instead
My Network does not get imported from another market...it has to be in your local market
SatelliteGuys.US - View Single Post - DISH Locals Launching in June

oh and by the way My Network is piggybacked on the Fox subchanel for your market

WTRF operates the area's Fox affiliate on its second digital subchannel.

Known on-air as Fox Ohio Valley, it is also offered on Comcast cable channel 12. On weeknights, programming from MyNetworkTV airs from 11 to 1 in the morning. For Saturday prime time, it airs early Sunday mornings from 12:30 to 2:30.

I live in the Louisville DMA market but one of the southern most counties - Green (KY). The local cable provides both Louisville and bowling green on the cable.. I have dish, and only get Louisville locals... However when Bowling Green comes online in June, with my county being adjacent to both Hart and Metcalfe county in Kentucky, will I be able to receive bowling green instead of Louisville (or at least some of the bowling green stations). bowling green has all but the MY and ION stations and I can get MY on the superstation pack...

thanks - as my cousin and I both are just 2 of the many people in our county that enjoy the local news (and especally local weather) from BG since its geared more for our area than Louisville which is 80 miles north of us - whereas BG is only 50 miles SW

I just recieved an email from our the general manager for our cbs and fox local station here in salisbury, MD and he confirmed that they are in talks with dish and should have everything ready to go around june 3rd. I cant wait!!:)

I live in the Louisville DMA market but one of the southern most counties - Green (KY). The local cable provides both Louisville and bowling green on the cable.. I have dish, and only get Louisville locals... However when Bowling Green comes online in June, with my county being adjacent to both Hart and Metcalfe county in Kentucky, will I be able to receive bowling green instead of Louisville (or at least some of the bowling green stations). bowling green has all but the MY and ION stations and I can get MY on the superstation pack...

thanks - as my cousin and I both are just 2 of the many people in our county that enjoy the local news (and especally local weather) from BG since its geared more for our area than Louisville which is 80 miles north of us - whereas BG is only 50 miles SW

the only way to get BG locals would be to "move" your address with Dish.

any news on when the wheeling/steubenville locals will be uplinked or available?

uplinked as of today

Big 4 + PBS
6520(10) - WTRF3 [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 03 Spotbeam B16 (NA)(Wheeling, WV-N/A)
6521(7) - WTRF [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 03 Spotbeam B16 (NA)(Wheeling, WV-CBS)
6523(32) - WTRF2 [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 03 Spotbeam B16 (NA)(Wheeling, WV-N/A)
6522(9) - WTOV [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 03 Spotbeam B16 (NA)(Steubenville, OH-NBC)
6524 - WOUC [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 03 Spotbeam B16 (NA)(Cambridge, OH-PBS)

the only way to get BG locals would be to "move" your address with Dish.

how would you do that? My county is the southern most county in the Louisville DMA, and the local cable company offers bowling green, and if I have an off-air antenna, I can only receive bowling green... (cannot receive louisville)... But they put us in the louisville dma because BG only used to have just one TV station, but now they have all those - plus they have the WKU station - and i went to school down there and i like to keep up with whats going on in bowling green not whats going on in louisville... I gotta get on the internet to find out bowling green news - they tell our local stuff but louisville never gives out local news for green/adair counties.. Hart county is in the bowling green dma and i'm 10 miles from the hart county line... don't make no sense yet i'm 18 miles from LaRue county and louisville tells about LaRue all time but not us...

I understand
The county where our cabin is here in Minnesota is in the Minneapolis DMA and that is 120 miles from Mpls...Duluth, MN is only 85 away and yet we're not in that DMA

anywho..to "move" all you have to do is give Dish an address in the Bowling Green DMA. Good examples are gas stations, mcdonalds, etc...some place that probably wouldnt have Dish. Or find an apartment complex and make up a apt #
Call Dish and say "I need to change the address on my account. I moved and there is already a Dish there. I hooked up the receiver and its working fine.
Change the physical address and then tell them to keep the billing address the same.
Then here is where you play dumb and say "now do my locals change?" and they should change them to the correct locals then

Its pretty easy to do and I've done it for years

my dish is billed thru my local telephone provider - not thru dish... I get a $15/mo discount on my billing by doing it this way, so I can't easily change my billing address since the phone service is billed at the same location...

Dish did tell me tho that since my county is southern most and bordered south, west, and southeast by the BG dma, its possible that we may be offered a choice of Louisville or bowling green.. the lady said that they are redistricting lines for BG since several counties on the southern limits of that city are considered "metro BG" are listed in the Nashville DMA and people want BG channels not Nashville.... She told me to call back next week when they go up and they'd work with me...

my dish is billed thru my local telephone provider - not thru dish... I get a $15/mo discount on my billing by doing it this way, so I can't easily change my billing address since the phone service is billed at the same location...
you dont change the billing address...you change the physical address

my Directv is through my Telco too and I "moved"...all D* and E* care about is the billing address is the same

Dish did tell me tho that since my county is southern most and bordered south, west, and southeast by the BG dma, its possible that we may be offered a choice of Louisville or bowling green.. the lady said that they are redistricting lines for BG since several counties on the southern limits of that city are considered "metro BG" are listed in the Nashville DMA and people want BG channels not Nashville.... She told me to call back next week when they go up and they'd work with me...
unless Dish offers them as significantly viewed you can't "choose" which locals to get

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)