Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The following Local Cities are scheduled to launch in June on DISH Network. While they are scheduled to launch we know that anything can happen so that means any cities on the list are looking good to launch but not 100% guaranteed.

Also I do not know which of these that are launching are SD or HD, so please don't ask. :)

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

· Presque Isle - ME
· Springfield- MA
· Utica - NY
· Watertown - NY
· Elmira - NY
· Alpena - MI
· Binghamton - NY
· Lake Charles - LA
· Biloxi- MS
· Bowling Green - KY
· Columbus - GA
· Jackson - TN
· Jonesboro - AR
· Lafayette - IN
· Mankato - MN
· North Platte - NE
· Ottumwa - IA
· Bluefield - WV
· Parkersburg - WV
· Wheeling - WV
· Salisbury - MD
· Steubenville - OH
· Zanesville - OH
· Greenwood-Greenville - MS
· Harrisonburg - VA
· Hattiesburg-Laurel - MS
· Eureka - CA
· Glendive - MT
· Kirksville - MO
· St. Joseph - MO
· Victoria - TX

and most of those have 1 or 2 channels in the DMA so it sounds like Dish will be importing locals from neighboring DMA's

wow, I see Salisbury, MD on the list. I wonder how they will fill NBC's missing slot for the area. Since Cable/Fios imports it from Baltimore and/Philly. I guess that no importing local channels from other markets no longer exists. (that happened right after I became a customer)

ok question

If anyone knows. Albany GA does not have a local ABC the closest is Columbus GA and I don't think any OTA Antenna could pull it in from over a hundred miles away. So the local cable company shows the ABC from Columbus. Dish has Albany ga minus ABC. Will they give Albany people the ABC from Columbus like the local Cable CO

and most of those have 1 or 2 channels in the DMA so it sounds like Dish will be importing locals from neighboring DMA's

I normally defer to you on these things, but I'm not sure Dish can do that with the court order?

I normally defer to you on these things, but I'm not sure Dish can do that with the court order?

STELA being passed allows Dish to import locals in neighboring markets. They still cant technically sell distants...so if your market is short on the BIg 4 Dish will now be able to import a neighboring market to fill it in

It directs DBS providers to provide local broadcast signals in all 210 TV markets. In return, it lifts a court injunction on Dish Network preventing it from carrying distant signals.

SatelliteGuys.US - View Single Post - DISH Statement on Stella Passage

your correct that is probably why its not available today. The administration probably already hinted that he will sign it and about when. hence the Jun 3rd date for things.

That stinks. They probably will be putting Presque Isle, ME Locals on the Spot Beam A16 that covers me also. That means they probably won't put up Bangor HD Locals as there probably won't be room enough on that spot beam.

yes there will be

Presque Isle is what 3 locals (last I checked)?
WAGM
WAGM Fox
PBS

just checked thelist and they already have a spot on 110 TP23 & 25 "warming" for Presque Isle
SatelliteGuys.US - Dish Network ALL

so they can get Bangor on 119.

Actually Dish can get 4 HD and 6 SD channels in MPEG4. They do in Minneapolis on Eastern Arc

Well in that case that's great for them. But still boo on no Evansville HDs.

Evansville is still listed for T13 on 77W. The QC are listed on 77W T6, but I only see SDs in the table for Paducah on T18 and T24. It would be interesting to know why they haven't made them available. Both Evansville and Paducah were first announced last fall and The QC a couple years or so ago and then again last fall.

Wichita,KS HD LOCALS

When are they going to launch? I have been very patient, come on Dish!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)