DISH Locals Launching in June

I live in St. Joe, MO. Based on the Channel mapdowns, it appears that I will be getting CBS, NBC and FOX from Kansas City (along with ABC from St. Joe). However, those are SD channels. Do you know if Dish will also give me the HD channels for those 3? Or will I have to rely on AAD or OTA for HD still?

I have a similar question. I have little interest in SD locals (Binghamton, NY DMA) so the only thing I'm looking forward to on the 3rd is getting guide data for the two OTA channels I get. I intend to keep AAD for the other two networks in HD. I currently have the SD PBS national feed and will probably drop that and use the local SD PBS, saving a whopping $1.50 a month. It would be wonderful if Dish could offer HD locals from our Significantly Viewed DMA (Syracuse) or Scranton to my south, but I'm guessing that won't happen.

So far these details have not been discussed, and I doubt anyone really knows for sure how this will shake out. I'll just wait and see what happens.

I live in St. Joe, MO. Based on the Channel mapdowns, it appears that I will be getting CBS, NBC and FOX from Kansas City (along with ABC from St. Joe). However, those are SD channels. Do you know if Dish will also give me the HD channels for those 3? Or will I have to rely on AAD or OTA for HD still?

the rule of thumb I guess is if the "local local" is not in HD then any imported ones will not be either.

But alot of these questions we'll have answers for on June 3rd :)

one thing I noticed is your market for the locals is kinda goofy
KQTV (St Joe) is on 129W yet the KC locals are on 110. So to get your locals you need a Dish1000

The following Local Cities are scheduled to launch in June on DISH Network. While they are scheduled to launch we know that anything can happen so that means any cities on the list are looking good to launch but not 100% guaranteed.

· Victoria - TX

Wow... Victoria Texas, last on the list, that will be two networks: KVCT-FOX and KAVU-ABC, I wonder what CBS and NBC they'll pull in and if those will be in HD.

I know of a lot of subs in Victoria County who have "moved" for years to get locals. They are in a odd spot as the only county in this area to not get locals via sat. We get Houston locals here, the rest of the counties next to us get either Corpus Christi or San Antonio locals.

How does this thing work with the DMA's? Will we have to call in to Dish to get them or will they just show up on the 3-4 June? Been with dish for 13 years but have not had the locals because of where we live in OH. so I am happy to get any close to our area.....:confused:

Wow... Victoria Texas, last on the list, that will be two networks: KVCT-FOX and KAVU-ABC, I wonder what CBS and NBC they'll pull in and if those will be in HD.

I know of a lot of subs in Victoria County who have "moved" for years to get locals. They are in a odd spot as the only county in this area to not get locals via sat. We get Houston locals here, the rest of the counties next to us get either Corpus Christi or San Antonio locals.

All 4 are going to be SD only and on 129W
SatelliteGuys.US - Dish Network ALL
CBS from Houston
KMOL from Victoria along with the 2 you posted above

Interesting as they are MPEG2 8PSK so you would need a receiver that can handle 8PSK....311 will as will all HD units. The older SD units will not. ALso you need 129W which all HD folks would have already

How does this thing work with the DMA's? Will we have to call in to Dish to get them or will they just show up on the 3-4 June? Been with dish for 13 years but have not had the locals because of where we live in OH. so I am happy to get any close to our area.....:confused:

Does Dish give you a discount since you dont have locals?
If so, then you would have to call in or just log into your account online and add them

If its included then they should turn them on automatically

Does Dish give you a discount since you dont have locals?
If so, then you would have to call in or just log into your account online and add them

If its included then they should turn them on automatically

As far as I know I do not get a discount. Checked my bill same as always.

As far as I know I do not get a discount. Checked my bill same as always.

But it is lower than those that get locals now. For example, I have AT250 and it costs $57.99. Those that currently have AT250 w/locals pay $62.99. It doesn't show up as a "discount" on my bill, but I pay less.

Note: Tomorrow, it goes up to $64.99. So your bill may actually increase $7, $5 for locals, $2 for programming depending on which package you have.

my dish is pointed to 110, 119, 129. However, the new locals were uplinked to 77 (Columbus, GA DMA). Do I need to repoint my dish to get the locals? Am I going to lose any HD channels? Thanks.

But it is lower than those that get locals now. For example, I have AT250 and it costs $57.99. Those that currently have AT250 w/locals pay $62.99. It doesn't show up as a "discount" on my bill, but I pay less.

Note: Tomorrow, it goes up to $64.99. So your bill may actually increase $7, $5 for locals, $2 for programming depending on which package you have.

I think you are right my bill does say 57.99.....:rolleyes:

when will dish update the website fo the areas with new locals coming tomorrow? Will they update it at midnight or wait until tomorrow morning?
Just curious that's all.

All 4 are going to be SD only and on 129W
CBS from Houston
KMOL from Victoria along with the 2 you posted above

Sorry I didn't count KMOL as it is fed directly to Suddenlink cable for Victoria, and the OTA signal "piggy-backs" with KAVU and is very very low power compared to KAVU and KVCT.

when will dish update the website fo the areas with new locals coming tomorrow? Will they update it at midnight or wait until tomorrow morning?
Just curious that's all.

The main page for checking yourlocals has changed, now says 100% of country is cover but when you try tocheck any address I get a compilation error. Anyone else able to check an address??

STELLA, June 3rd updates and what it means to me

I know there have been many threads on this but I have one simple question that I can't seem to figure out from reading thru the many posts. I currently have my locals here in Davenport Iowa but I would like to get them in HD (not by "moving").........Will I now be able to subcribe to say Des Moines locals in HD?

If you are in the Davenport DMA, you would not get the Des Moines locals without "moving".

No, but you could get AAD HD by giving them an address that is eligible for all 4 networks. You would get Chicago and/or LA. They are more expensive however. $5 a channel/$19 for all 4. Other option is antenna to get your locals OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts