DISH Locals Launching in June

When you get them, which CBS do they give you? If you're in Oneida County WTVH is SV. If you're in Otsego or Herkimer County it should be WRGB, but WRGB does not show in the Utica channel map.

WRGB is the only CBS that's SV in Herkimer and Otsego Counties.

Per thelisty its Syracuse

6761 WTVH (CBS 5)

and the locals site is sorta working

ran an address in mankato, MN and got correct info
KEYC CBS
KEYC-DT2 Fox
ABC & NBC from Minneapolis (neighboring market)
Nat'l PBS

But when I run a Glendive, MT location it doesnt show the full info

According to the Dish Network locals site it says that the Springfield MA locals are not in hd and it only lists 4 channels but it should be 5. Will this be corrected. Also all of the channel numbers are incorrect.

Just one more question. I have America's Top 250 plus PBS and I pay 64.99. On the Dish Network web site under my current programing it says"*Your Basic Programming is not a current programming option and is only available for you until you choose to switch to an available package below." and it will cost 5.99 to get the Utica locals. Is this right?

Your existing version of Americas Top 250 does not include locals or the charge for locals. The new version of the package does. If you do nothing, you will remain local-less and not get the charge. That old version of the package is no longer available to subscribe to, but for those already subscribing they are grandfathered in to it.

I had the same package and had to call this morning to get my locals activated. It did not just happen automatically the way I had expected. I guess Dish is trying not to anger people by just changing their service and adding the new locals charge.

According to the Dish Network locals site it says that the Springfield MA locals are not in hd and it only lists 4 channels but it should be 5. Will this be corrected. Also all of the channel numbers are incorrect.
The Dish channel numbers for Utica N.Y. are also incorrect. Ex. 6521 WTVH 5 Syracuse is 6761. I guess it will take awhile They have a channel 62 that does not exist. 2,5,20,and 33 are coming in fine.
I was able to order online and the channels were on in less than ten minutes.
Thanks everyone for your help!

ABC in Albany, Ga. market

Would this indicate that WTXL will be the ABC station used to fill in the Albany, Ga. market? WTVM in Columbus,Ga. is our closest ABC affiliate and they just launched yesterday and they are SV in my county but they launched at 77° in HD and I don't think I can receive that on my 625.

7666WTXL (ABC 27)MPEG2 SD110°W25QPSK (5/6)[SIZE=-2]Spotbeam 03[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Tallahassee, FL[/SIZE] Not Available
7667WSWG (CBS 44)MPEG2 SD110°W25QPSK (5/6)[SIZE=-2]Spotbeam 03[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Valdosta, GA[/SIZE] Available
7668WALB (NBC 10)MPEG2 SD110°W25QPSK (5/6)[SIZE=-2]Spotbeam 03[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Albany, GA[/SIZE] Available
7669WFXL (FOX 31)MPEG2 SD110°W25QPSK (5/6)[SIZE=-2]Spotbeam 03[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Albany, GA[/SIZE] Available

The Dish channel numbers for Utica N.Y. are also incorrect. Ex. 6521 WTVH 5 Syracuse is 6761. I guess it will take awhile They have a channel 62 that does not exist. 2,5,20,and 33 are coming in fine.
I was able to order online and the channels were on in less than ten minutes.
Thanks everyone for your help!

62 is the channel number they use for the national PBS channel (for folks who dont have a PBS in their market)

this stinks. In order to get locals AND the cw in wheeling/steubenville you would have to pay $6 for locals and another $8 for superstations.
So $14 for the privalage of having CW in addition to locals and they're not in HD either.

I don't understand why they couldn't throw in the CW out of pittsburgh since it is significantly viewed and CW is cable only in our locale.

If you are a new sub locals are included in the package
Supers are $7 and you can order 1 for I think $2. I know last I checked you could get WPIX as example for $1.50 but that went up to $2

CW doesnt qualify as a network for SV...its just the Big 4

Last edited:
Would this indicate that WTXL will be the ABC station used to fill in the Albany, Ga. market? WTVM in Columbus,Ga. is our closest ABC affiliate and they just launched yesterday and they are SV in my county but they launched at 77° in HD and I don't think I can receive that on my 625.

7666WTXL (ABC 27)MPEG2 SD110°W25QPSK (5/6)[SIZE=-2]Spotbeam 03[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Tallahassee, FL[/SIZE] Not Available
7667WSWG (CBS 44)MPEG2 SD110°W25QPSK (5/6)[SIZE=-2]Spotbeam 03[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Valdosta, GA[/SIZE] Available
7668WALB (NBC 10)MPEG2 SD110°W25QPSK (5/6)[SIZE=-2]Spotbeam 03[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Albany, GA[/SIZE] Available
7669WFXL (FOX 31)MPEG2 SD110°W25QPSK (5/6)[SIZE=-2]Spotbeam 03[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Albany, GA[/SIZE] Available
Yes, I'm surprised that they're not using WTVM or even WSB out of Atlanta, those are the ones the local cable used when I was stationed at MCLB.

They're probably using WTXL because it was already on the spotbeam and therefore not using any extra bandwidth.

I was thinking the same thing Derwin

Looks like Dish is using neighboring locals via whatever spotbeam is closest so they dont need to uplink it twice. I was looking at the markets and I'll use Glendive, MT as an example

cable gives them Billings Fox & ABC (CBS & NBC are local) yet Dish gets Rapid City, SD Fox & ABC

But in some cases they have the locals "split"....new ones on 119 and fill in on 110

62 is the channel number they use for the national PBS channel (for folks who dont have a PBS in their market)

Now that I have the Utica locals do I still have to pay $2.00 for the PBS station? I get it on 249 and 6764.
Also why don't they give me the PBS from Syracuse like they do with the CBS affiliate?

Yes you can drop $2 for the PBS that you pay for. The same channel is now in the locals

As to why they cant import PBS the law doesnt allow them too for some reason.

I don't know what happened but this afternoon I was getting WTVH 5 out of Syracuse tonight they switched it to WWNY 7 out of Watertown. According to Dish's website I should be getting Syracuse.

Yes, I'm surprised that they're not using WTVM or even WSB out of Atlanta, those are the ones the local cable used when I was stationed at MCLB.

They're probably using WTXL because it was already on the spotbeam and therefore not using any extra bandwidth.

I really don't care which one they use, I just wish they would go ahead and "flip the switch" on one of them. I can pick up WTVM on OTA but can't DVR OTA

Since my market (Salisbury, MD) is missing one of the big four (NBC), will Dish be importing this station from the Baltimore, MD dma?

from looking at the info yes it will be from Baltimore

4 from Salisbury (ABC, CBS, FOX, PBS) are on 119 and Baltimore will be on 110
channel 6520-6524

Well thats just great, i have the eastern arc setup right now plus a wing dish at 110. I was planning on swinging the wing dish over to 119 for the locals. I didnt realize that Baltimore would be on 110

uh oh....sounds like Dish has an issue. They need to move the remapped Baltimore NBC to 119 otherwise the folks with EA cant get all their locals

Well, it was the Baltimore NBC (WBAL), but overnight it changed and now the dish website is stating that NBC will be coming from Washington DC. Doesn't matter for me really since either one of them is on 110 and the rest of the locals are on 119. Still not gonna help those of us with an EA setup. And based on what i have seen in the uplink center, until they make any of my locals available it looks like the Salisbury DMA will remain the only market with no locals:mad:

actually it looks like they are going to give you WHAG Hagerstown as the NBC..see pic below

That makes sense as all are on 119 the EA folks would get a wing dish for 119 so they will see
119 for locals only

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 143
I don't know what happened but this afternoon I was getting WTVH 5 out of Syracuse tonight they switched it to WWNY 7 out of Watertown. According to Dish's website I should be getting Syracuse.

Up here in Watertown DMA yesterday they switched NBC, originally we were too get WSTM Syracuse a SV station up here but on 110 sat. I don't believe Syracuse spot beam covers all of Watertown DMA. They switched to WKTV, NBC2, Utica. Utica and Watertown are on the same spot on E14. WKTV has never been SV up here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)