DISH loses 4 more HD channels - 3 Return

Here is DISH Networks official statement on the matter.

DISH Network offers all customers HD Free for Life, which is possible because we are committed to negotiating fair contracts that allow us to keep our prices low. That is why we could not agree to the significant fees requested by Disney and ESPN Networks for the HD feeds of Disney East, Disney XD, ESPNews and ABC Family. We continue to talk with Disney and ESPN Networks and hope to reach a fair resolution. In the meantime, DISH Network customers can enjoy the same programming on the standard definition versions of these channels.

I hope they leave them off. Can't pay whatever the owner wants, or we'll be seeing even more price increases. Make an example.

Losing channels sucks but I wouldn't say it's bad business. Dish is trying to keep their prices low.(I think that's pretty good business) Hopefully they reach an agreement and put the channels back up and keep their same great prices. I would have to agree that Disney coporation is a little high priced when it comes to their family of channels. Don't you think customers should be greatful that Dish is fighting to keep prices affordable?

...Don't you think customers should be greatful that Dish is fighting to keep prices affordable?

Yes, I am happy that Dish fights for the best prices. I was glad when Dish refused to carry the 'Yes' Yankee baseball channel, and I feel the same way now. Do you think that Dish should just pay whatever the broadcasters ask and then pass the increase on to us? Will the kids really care that much if the Disney channels are in SD?

I'm also glad Dish is fighting the increases. Would be a good poll topic. This time none of the lost HD channels are ones I watch. I'm sure I won't be that lucky down the road. In the meantime, Keep up the Good Fight...!

Well, those of us with Dish America don't get Disney in SD so we've lost access to that programming completely.

Called Dish, and the executive offices basically said "tough beans". I was told that for Dish America, at its price point, that they would not offer the SD equivalent and that they would not provide any other comparable programming either.

Got the complete "ABC / Disney is asking too much money for these channels" yada yada yada.

Why they didn't warn us two weeks ago baffles me.

Robert

Just checked the Directv website, no mention of "Dish pulling Disney channels" how long before they start a promotiom to move customers to Direct

Could something of significance have happened regarding the Dish Network and ESPN lawsuit? It's an awfully odd time to pull channels, on the 22nd of a month, including one of the ESPN channels...

Could something of significance have happened regarding the Dish Network and ESPN lawsuit? It's an awfully odd time to pull channels, on the 22nd of a month, including one of the ESPN channels...

Strange did Comcast know. They are offering to pay the pre-payment penalty if I switch to them should I do it???:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)