DISH Makes Expansive HBO Content Available On Demand for Home TV Viewers

We'be been using the enhanced version of HBO GO for about a week.

I had a mindless project to complete for work and set it up in the living room. Started surfing the HBO on demand content and noticed lots of new movies, etc. Next thing I knew, I was able to catch up on the entire 2011 season of Boardwalk Empire over a 3 day period.

Nice feature, great content, and my company pays for a 100 meg Comcast businesses class circuit, so neither sped or bandwidth is ever an issue.

Got it setup on partner's desktop so he can catch up on Bill Maher and a few movies, and have the app installed on my HTC EVO 4G as well. When I am working nights in server rooms, I can take the HD output from the phone and feed it into a nice large monitor while I am working.

Probably won't go for Hopper / Joey unless we can both cut our bill AND be guaranteed IT'S tuners can be added - at least two - just like a 722K. Dishes translation of OTA HD sucks, especially when it comes to PBS!

I completely agree on the interface but I welcome this from Dish. Rome was not built in one day.
You will now be able to watch Rome.

If it is HBO GO without any device, it will be excellent.
It would be, especially since HBO Go does not have CC. HBO OnDemand thru Dish does.

Certainly sounds like it is.
Not really. It just sounds like they are making more titles available thru Dish's existing On Demand service.

Its not really a benfit if the ui makes it hardly easy to acess content without going through 50 pages to find 1 video
Actually, as bad as it is for finding movies in BBMP, it's not as bad to search for TV programming by network. Stillnot very good, of course. But, not the end of the world.

GaryPen said:
You will now be able to watch Rome.

It would be, especially since HBO Go does not have CC. HBO OnDemand thru Dish does.

Not really. It just sounds like they are making more titles available thru Dish's existing On Demand service.

Actually, as bad as it is for finding movies in BBMP, it's not as bad to search for TV programming by network. Stillnot very good, of course. But, not the end of the world.

Tring to find a movie on the epix network to stream is a pain. You have to scroll through dozens of pages. Bo real way to find a movie quickly

how do you get to the new expanded HBO On Demand with the 722 receiver? I can find the HBO stuff by going to all tv shows and browse by network, but it does not look any different and as far as I can tell the content is also the same.

For those of you complaining about the 922 I understand because I have one but you need to get over it. If it bothers you so much you should probably never buy any new technology. It's forever changing and it's not going to stop. Might as well accept that what you buy now may be obsolete by next year. I say take it or leave it.

I don't have a 922, but if I had to pay a premium to have it, then I expect it to whatever a "lesser" receiver can do especially heralded new additions. In this case I understand the complaints.

I understand too but I'm over it. Complaining doesn't get you anywhere. I'm excited for the Hopper. I go into it knowing that it may not meet my expectations but I'm still getting it. Ya never know.

For those of you complaining about the 922 I understand because I have one but you need to get over it. If it bothers you so much you should probably never buy any new technology. It's forever changing and it's not going to stop. Might as well accept that what you buy now may be obsolete by next year. I say take it or leave it.

C'mon now, get real.

It's not too much to expect THE SAME upgrades on a NEWER receiver/technology, when the OLDER receiver/technology is getting them. Hell, it's usually the old tech that gets left in the dust, and the NEW tech gets all the goodies, right?? THEN you could put down all these people who paid good money. But right now you're just a shill.

It's piss poor customer service, and you know it. Are you this rude to your own customers?

Stop being the DISH apologist and think like a customer for once, not a dealer.

how do you get to the new expanded HBO On Demand with the 722 receiver? I can find the HBO stuff by going to all tv shows and browse by network, but it does not look any different and as far as I can tell the content is also the same.
The press release used their favorite word, "soon" in it. So some time soon. Dish Network should loop Yes's song Soon on their phone line when you are put on hold.

You're wrong. And, in a big way, too.

I understand too but I'm over it. Complaining doesn't get you anywhere. I'm excited for the Hopper. I go into it knowing that it may not meet my expectations but I'm still getting it. Ya never know.
"Thank you sir. May I have another?"

--- i can get over it if you send me a 722k or a hoper as a gift, if not, i got the right to complain for any cent i spend on the "new technology"! - sorry if a meant you, but this type of answer always became from someone related to dish staff as an excuse for not fulfill their promises after they got our money in their pockets! ---

--- i can get over it if you send me a 722k or a hoper as a gift, if not, i got the right to complain for any cent i spend on the "new technology"! - sorry if a meant you, but this type of answer always became from someone related to dish staff as an excuse for not fulfill their promises after they got our money in their pockets! ---
It would seem fair if Dish at least offered to exchange at a sharp discount, the 922 for the Hopper, or offer a programming credit and "step down" exchange to the 722k.

I remember when the 922 came out and it seemed sharp. There was a bit of anticipation over it. Of course, the price and a few limitations kept me from getting it and I'm glad I didn't. The whole idea of not being able to fulfill what was originally promised is bad enough, but now they are offering expanded streaming on the 722k, but not the 922?! Its worse than MS Vista!

Have you tried to contact DIRT to see if you could have any options with the 922?

Normally, I agree with you almost 100%. Your posts usually reflect a common sense Iowa sentiment. In this case, however, I must disagree. The last straw was when the 922 did not even get the BBMP. I am hoping that when the Hopper/Joey gets out and the programming load slows down a bit, they will return and bring the 922 up to at least par with lesser boxes.

So, when is this "expansive HBO content" supposed to begin?

The amount of HBO On Demand programming hasn't noticeably increased since the announcement from what was available before the announcement. (as of yesterday, anyway.)

A quick glance at the HBO OnDemand website tells me that Dish still doesn't have all of the OnDemand programming that HBO says should be available from its OnDemand delivery providers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts