DISH Makes Expansive HBO Content Available On Demand for Home TV Viewers

Hey I remember Directv put out a press release about offering all the hbo channels in hd... And then they didn't ad them for over 3 years. :)

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

just checked my timers and recording at 2:32am is the title HBO DEMAND is Here

click info it says...hbo on demand is now avaiable on dish! and free with your hno subscription

Yeah I actually let that recording happen ( I usually delete those timers), and it gave no information other than how to access it which we already know. I checked and it is still no different so Yippeeee, more waiting.

What did the recording say, something like "over 140 titles, changing often"?? I don't think it will ever be as complete as the HBOGO online library. I think what we currently see is basically it... :(

Based on the press release, it sounds like a massive increase from what is available now, though not everything as they specifically note:
Press Release (my emphasis) said:
DISH customers with Internet access and select DISH HD DVRs who subscribe to HBO or Cinemax will soon be able to enjoy an expanded version of HBO On Demand and Cinemax On Demand, giving them instant access to virtually every episode of every season of the best HBO shows -- most of which are available in high definition -- including "Luck®," "Game of Thrones®," "Boardwalk Empire®," "True Blood®," "Deadwood®," or "The Sopranos®," as well as popular Hollywood hit movies, documentaries, stand-up comedies, sporting events, and independent films.
This reads it won't be as complete as HBOGO as it explicitly says the "best" shows, not all of them. But it really says that those programs will be available nearly in entirety.

So that may be why they use the word "expansive" and not "complete". In any case, much more than is available now and much more that will make me want to swap BBMP for HBO.

Based on the press release, it sounds like a massive increase from what is available now, though not everything as they specifically note:
This reads it won't be as complete as HBOGO as it explicitly says the "best" shows, not all of them. But it really says that those programs will be available nearly in entirety.

So that may be why they use the word "expansive" and not "complete". In any case, much more than is available now and much more that will make me want to swap BBMP for HBO.
I hope so, but you would think that before issuing press releases and placing recordings on our DVRs that the "expansive" content would already be in place, as well as a more intuitive UI... :eureka:

I think the UI a little more sufferable for series. Go down the limited list of HBO series, selected the one you want, then pick the episode. Outdated, but not the end of the world.

I think we will know once it is up and running when Cinemax selections are available, because I don't even believe there is an option for selecting Cinemax when browsing by Networks.

What did the recording say, something like "over 140 titles, changing often"?? I don't think it will ever be as complete as the HBOGO online library. I think what we currently see is basically it... :(

What many of you people are failing to understand is that HBO already has a product called HBO OnDemand. This had been available for years on cable systems. (And possibly DirecTV? I don't know.) While it is not as complete as HBO Go, it still has a great deal of HBO programming available. Much more than Dish's current HBO streaming product.

It is completely separate from HBO Go which has just about all of HBO's programming ever made. So, you need to stop comparing the Dish HBO product with HBO Go, and start comparing it to the existing HBO OnDemand product, which is apples-to-apples. Unfortunately, Dish' apple is smaller and less sweet than HBO's official OnDemand apple.

If anybody is curious as to what we should have available to us on BBMP/BB@Home, just check the HBO OnDemand website: HBO on Demand - Get HBO on Demand
As further evidence that Dish HBO streaming is going to simply be HBO OnDemand, HBO itself describes it as "HBO On Demand allows you to choose from over 140 of the best HBO programs". I just wish Dish would implement this now, not soon. (They need to look up "soon" in the dictionary, as it does not mean what they obviously think it means.)

What many of you people are failing to understand is that HBO already has a product called HBO OnDemand. This had been available for years on cable systems. (And possibly DirecTV? I don't know.) While it is not as complete as HBO Go, it still has a great deal of HBO programming available. Much more than Dish's current HBO streaming product.
And HBO on Demand doesn't offer complete series, which the press release says will be available. So it would appear that Dish will be offering some sort of hybrid.

Again, why make announcements saying it will be available (no start dates mentioned) before deploying all of the content??

Also, on Directv, aren't the OD channels actually assigned a channel number, instead of having to navigate through a maze of options to find it?? The little video dropped on our DVRs showed the current way if accessing it, so it looks like there won't be any changes there...

Again, why make announcements saying it will be available (no start dates mentioned) before deploying all of the content??
Why not? I mean it isn't as if it creates a massive amount of interest and then possibly unreasonable expectations, then lingering disappointment the longer it takes, followed by mild resentment as the material isn't made available yet. Once the product is finally released there is great rejoicing until it doesn't meet expectations, whether at the fault of the company or the viewer. I mean, what can go wrong with an early announcement on a product they don't give a distribution date with.

Also, on Directv, aren't the OD channels actually assigned a channel number, instead of having to navigate through a maze of options to find it?? The little video dropped on our DVRs showed the current way if accessing it, so it looks like there won't be any changes there...
Just be happy you don't have to get up, go to the Vax terminal, log-in to the Dish Network system to begin the stream of an on-demand HBO/Cinemax title. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts