DISH Makes TV Easy with New Hopper Plus™

Rough install today, but the price of early adoption I guess. Hopper + successfully installed, and looks great. I'll have more observations as I use it, but the apps in one place on one input, with really strong search capabilities is a nice upgrade. Tech came to the house and had no idea what the appointment was for. My son had to handle the appointment with the tech coming a few hours before his scheduled time. He told my son the other Joeys would just update and he didn't need to do anything with them. So I now have an appointment Tuesday to get the Joey 4s to pair as I have a Joey 3 and a wireless Joey that is apparently not compatible.. Was told today when rescheduling that it would be another $50 per upgraded Joey, which was not mentioned on the original call. However, it appears she was looking at my current bill and made that assumption and then realized it was just an additional $12. I'll let you know if it is $50 per new Joey on Tuesday. Just appears that CSRs and techs have not been trained properly on the rollout. If new users are receiving this equipment without an initial charge, they will have a problem with existing customers upgrading.

Rough install today, but the price of early adoption I guess. Hopper + successfully installed, and looks great. I'll have more observations as I use it, but the apps in one place on one input, with really strong search capabilities is a nice upgrade. Tech came to the house and had no idea what the appointment was for. My son had to handle the appointment with the tech coming a few hours before his scheduled time. He told my son the other Joeys would just update and he didn't need to do anything with them. So I now have an appointment Tuesday to get the Joey 4s to pair as I have a Joey 3 and a wireless Joey that is apparently not compatible.. Was told today when rescheduling that it would be another $50 per upgraded Joey, which was not mentioned on the original call. However, it appears she was looking at my current bill and made that assumption and then realized it was just an additional $12. I'll let you know if it is $50 per new Joey on Tuesday. Just appears that CSRs and techs have not been trained properly on the rollout. If new users are receiving this equipment without an initial charge, they will have a problem with existing customers upgrading.
Those box fees are ridiculous considering it is leased equipment. When I signed up they originally told me $50 per box x 5 boxes. I told them that was a show-stopper. Less than two minutes later, after she consulted with someone, they were all free.

Thanks for the update. I wonder if the new Joeys will download and operate with the Hopper 3 without a Hopper+!

Just had the Hopper + and 2 Joey 4's installed and kept the older Joey 2 in a room that is hardly used. All linked up fine and everything seems to be running smoothly. I am watching Washington St and Wisconsin play on channel 540-01 right now on both Joey 4s.

Those box fees are ridiculous considering it is leased equipment. When I signed up they originally told me $50 per box x 5 boxes. I told them that was a show-stopper. Less than two minutes later, after she consulted with someone, they were all free.
Couldn't agree more. This should be a retention move, not a money making opportunity. Existing customers that have stayed with you over the long haul should be treated well. I'll push back if I'm asked to pay that when the tech shows up. But since the Hopper + payment was taken prior to the tech arriving, I'm betting that mine will be "free", just the lease and contract re-up.

Yes, I used my emotion rather than my brain.
Not necessarily. USB3 can source 0.9A (or 4.5W) so if the H+ consumes less than that, it's doable. What does the H+ PS say on it?

For the record, I was floored at how hot the Sling Adapter ran, despite the fact that it was all heat sink. And that was using USB2 on my 722.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Not necessarily. USB3 can source 0.9A (or 4.5W) so if the H+ consumes less than that, it's doable. What does the H+ PS say on it?

For the record, I was floored at how hot the Sling Adapter ran, despite the fact that it was all heat sink. And that was using USB2 on my 722.
Naw, I knew it had a 110v power supply, I just jumped before I thought about it. :)

Ok so here's my first major issue. All three of my TVs are now in HDR mode constantly even when watching regular programs that are not HDR. Not sure how to fix this.
I've seen that before. Have you tried turning your Hopper / Joey off and back on? Also the TV if that doesn't work.

like was SDR then switch to HDR at some point and got stuck? or always HDR i hope there not auto coverting everything HDR. I will have 2 joey 4 replace my 2 joey 4k tommorow.

Reactions: charlesrshell