DISH Manipulates Federal Rules, Gets Billions in Discounts for Wireless Licenses

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think small business credits should be for small business only. No BS shell companies that are small not owned or funded by big companies. Congress needs to open an investigated and pass
Legislation that fines company's 5 times there savings and also need to do clawbacks for passed auctions.

My small business was in the past H-Block we lost. The worst part is a company not to point fingers is now sitting on it and doing nothing with it. We would have built a LTE network and provided Internet to rural folks we only bid for one area in Kentucky. There needs to be new rules use your won spectrum in 3 years or lose it.

I agree and disagree.

Agree:
-New legislation closing this loophole should be passed.

Disagree:
-Congress should open an investigation and recoup the money from past auctions. --> What was done in past auctions was done per the rules at the time, changing them retroactively is extremely problematic. Since Dish followed the established rules, what's the point of wasting money on a Congressional investigation? Loophole is identified, just close it.
-There needs to be new rules use your won spectrum in 3 years or lose it. --> I don't think that would work nationally. Sure it would work locally if the company has only one market to build out. But can you imagine the cost of trying to build out across hundreds of licenses nationally? That is an extremely aggressive timeline that I'm not even sure ATT and Verizon could meet. That said, I do agree that getting the spectrum put to beneficial use sooner is better. I'm just not sure your proposed timing works.

Reactions: wallyhts
Here's the only thing Charlie was out there saying he was going to make sure companies paid what they thought was fair market value. But my question is would Charlie have bid that high if he did not get the credits? I just hope all the companies use it to benefit people's everyday lives.

Here's the only thing Charlie was out there saying he was going to make sure companies paid what they thought was fair market value. But my question is would Charlie have bid that high if he did not get the credits? I just hope all the companies use it to benefit people's everyday lives.
Dish has built themselves on paying as little as possible to benefit people's lives with the lineups and costs as much as possible, so I don't think that would be a concern. We shall see what his mobile market will be like.

Giving hard working people that cannot afford the high prices a decent choice is very beneficial to Charlie, yes. It's a symbitotic relationship.

Big business partners with small business for government contracts all the time. It's a way to grow small business while ensuring that the resources to do the job are available. If the credits are available, it's foolish not to use them.

Looks like Charlie's Angels are back again.
And looks like someone its trolling again. ;)

Again if AT&T or Verizons other small bidding companies would have won their bids it would have been the same as what DISH did. DISH did not do anything that the other big guys did not do.

Looks like Charlie's Angels are back again.
Your crusade against unfair big business policies only seemed to begin once Dish won this spectrum via small businesses. I'm pretty certain this didn't just start happening in the world of Big Business.

gosh, this is crazy, If Rupert Murdoch pulled the same stunt, you would be raising holy hell. But because it is Charlie Ergen you just excuse it. At least I am consistently against his kind of rip-off of the taxpayer.

if Rupert would have done it too then god Bless him. This is what corporations do. If the government dont like it they need to close those loopholes.
As has been said on this thread countless amounts of times. It is a companies fiduciary duty to be as profitable as it possibly can, and doing whatever legal tactic they can to make it that way. Has nothing to do with Charlie. Has everything to do with how business operates in today's corporate America. Mitch, if you do not like it, write your congressman a letter, with an outlined plan to close those gaps, but do not be mad when more companies find new loopholes. It's the same reason I do not hate the Waltons. God Bless America where you can do pretty much anything you want, if you are wise enough to figure out how.

if Rupert would have done it too then god Bless him. This is what corporations do. If the government dont like it they need to close those loopholes.
That should read, "If the government dont like it they need to close those loopholes stop letting the corporations write the laws and regulations governing this."

I have no problem with the Waltons, but there are a lot of people that hate them because they do everything they can to save money and make profit. There is a simple way to stop them. Either have their loopholes closed, or stop using their service, and hopefully there will be a big enough number of people that agree. I mean, it's not going to be easy to find on a Dish based forum, especially one that some members pay to be on. Sure says something about their product and service if we are willing to keep talking about them(no such thing as bad Publicity). Mitch just didn't get his way with Dish, so he sticks around, but what's funny is the more he bad mouths them, he keeps bringing up easily disputed topics, so those customers he wants to change over(if they can think for themselves) are going to see the disputed facts from quite a few people, so his only retort is to call us "Charlie's Angels", thinking this insult is effective in any way. If you know their system and how things work, it is easy to be brand loyal. I'll give you an example, many people get pissed at a particular thing... Let's use closed captioning for example... They know how to get discounts or programming or work arounds, that the rest of the service is worth having and keeping. That is their only complaint. And when people do not get credits, they will usually respond with "damn, wish I got that" when they hear someone else got something else. This isn't just Dish, same thing hppens at the DTV forum and all other forums(not just SG forums). Mitch just wants to stand on his mountain and squeal as loudly as possible, but nobody is listening, and he knows it, so he keeps coming back here.

Now I digress. No laws broken. No rules broken. Everything that happened was legit, and all the major players did the same thing... Even if they lost.

Charlie gives to both Democrats and Republicans - all depending who is sympathetic to his agenda. More power to him. As for the auction, he did what's allowed (albeit on a scale that had not been seen before). The two entities he partnered with have a history of working with companies like DISH in securing spectrum discounts including Verizon and AT&T.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts