DISH may lose WBNS Channel 10 in Columbus, Ohio

I'm sorry WBNS / Dispatch, but this is all on YOU and your greed. I'm hoping we can get a CBS feed from Charleston/Huntington, WV. Frankly I don't care where it comes from. Why would you prompt people to contact DISH to voice their unhappiness when you have instigated this by wanting a ridiculous fee increase from DISH?

Legally Dish can't import a station in your market.
They CAN (and have) in Zanesville. Since Zanesville has no CBS (they are NBC only) Dish can import a different station....and in their wisdom...screw it cheapness...they import a station from Bowling Green Kentucky...They couldnt even import a Cleveland, Cincy, hell even a Steubenville CBS. They import a station that is 4 DMA's away...because its on the same spotbeam

That must be interesting for folks there who dont know
Honey...Why is our CBS from Kentucky?

Legally Dish can't import a station in your market.
They CAN (and have) in Zanesville. Since Zanesville has no CBS (they are NBC only) Dish can import a different station....and in their wisdom...screw it cheapness...they import a station from Bowling Green Kentucky...They couldnt even import a Cleveland, Cincy, hell even a Steubenville CBS. They import a station that is 4 DMA's away...because its on the same spotbeam

That must be interesting for folks there who dont know
Honey...Why is our CBS from Kentucky?

HA!HA! I didn't know about the legalities either. Oh well, at least Zanesville got a CBS affiliate. Hopefully they can understand the "dialect". :)

No AMC? Bleh.

No WBNS? Grrrrrrrrr, but ok, OTA antenna.

Now no B10? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, thinking of cancelling.

On top of that, my newspaper was 4 hours late today, and it is owned by Dispatch Media Group.....the same group that owns WBNS.

I'm out of contract right now, so I'm hoping maybe I can call DISH and get something for free due to the WBNS and BTN disputes. Maybe the multi-sport pack with NFL RedZone for a while.

-SF

EDIT: I just called DISH and talked to a couple of very friendly CSR's. They actually combined a few things for me. The net effect was the addition of the multi-sport pack with RedZone and a ~$5/month reduction on my bill for the next 6 months.

Last edited:
Just saw an announcement from WBNS on their twitter feed. WBNS is back on DISH! I checked my TV, and sure enough, I can watch WBNS again.

-SF

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'll start watching CBS programming again now that it's back on Dish, but will not go back to watching any local programs on WBNS. I'm done with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)