Dish May Win MVDDS Spectrum

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well this round goes to DTV but what will they do with the spectrum if they win and how much is charlie willing to spend on the spectrum?

I agree with Scott, why bid so much on something you would not use. If I were Dish I would wait to bid until close to the end of the auction instead of raising up the bids, but I read where it was an auction that would not end until the bidders quit bidding.

Stargazer said:
I agree with Scott, why bid so much on something you would not use. If I were Dish I would wait to bid until close to the end of the auction instead of raising up the bids, but I read where it was an auction that would not end until the bidders quit bidding.

If it was me, and I was bidding with that kind of money, I'd keep bidding a penny over what DTV Norwich is bidding, and just irritate the stew out of them, but it's possible that they have minimum bids, in which case my devious plan would not work.

~Alan

Well now I know who DTV Norwich is......Mr.Dolan(Cablevision,Rainbow,Voom)
Found it at Mutichannel News.

bruce said:
Well now I know who DTV Norwich is......Mr.Dolan(Cablevision,Rainbow,Voom)
Found it at Mutichannel News.

ROTFL!! I did not expect that. The auction JUST GOT MORE INTERESTING! Now if only MDS is announced to be DirecTV...THEN WE GOT OURSELVES A VERY INTERESTING auction!

~Alan

From a Yahoo Search:
Multichannel News - Dolan Backs Another's Bid For Airwaves
... According to the FCC, Cablevision's satellite arm, Rainbow DBS, owns
nearly half of DTV Norwich LLC.....
www.multichannel.com/article/CA375407?display=Top+Stories

which lead to this:
from mutichannel news

Dolan Backs Another's Bid For Airwaves

By Ted Hearn -- Multichannel News, 1/19/2004

Abstract: Washington— Cablevision Systems Corp. chairman Charles Dolan's decision to move beyond cable first involved satellite. Now he's trying to innovate a little closer to the planet. Last Wednesday, in a federal filing that Cablevision let reporters discover unaided, Dolan-controlled Cablevision revealed a 49% interest in a company that is bidding millions of dollars in an ongoing auction of F...

Since you guys seem to know a whole lot more on this subject than me, what the heck will this do for VOOM at 61.5? Please enlighten me... Was Dolan up at the at the 18th round?

Sean Mota said:
Since you guys seem to know a whole lot more on this subject than me, what the heck will this do for VOOM at 61.5? Please enlighten me... Was Dolan up at the at the 18th round?

For the most part, yes. He's got LA and NY right now and a total of 50 standing high bids. Charlie's got Boston and 21 high standing bids. MDS Operations has 57 high standing bids (including my DMA) and bidding will resume tomorrow.

~Alan

He is ahead of Charlie(South.com)again every round is a trade off between the two companies.Now what does this do for Voom if DTV Norwich wins or Dish if south.com wins anybodies guess but I like to know.

bruce said:
He is ahead of Charlie(South.com)again every round is a trade off between the two companies.Now what does this do for Voom if DTV Norwich wins or Dish if south.com wins anybodies guess but I like to know.

Yeah, I'm still curious who MDS is, and what they plan to do with it when they have them.

~Alan

Hey do I get a reward ;) for finding out about Dolan or a least some brownie points :yes :no :p :D or girl scout points so i can have some free cookies :cool:

bruce said:
Hey do I get a reward ;) for finding out about Dolan or a least some bromnie points :yes :no :p :D

I was interested in hearing it, so you get the reward of my thanks! That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee (although probably not at a Starbucks!).

~Alan

Hey Alan,Thank for the Thanks

MDS has there own website a bunch of very rich(oil money)people want to start up there own wireless TV broadcast thing like cable or satellite kinda like what northpoint wanted to do but they seem to focus on the rural areas then the big markets but i think that whatever Dolan or Charlie are up to they will want all the licenses not just the top markets they are focusing on right now.

bruce said:
MDS has there own website a bunch of very rich(oil money)people want to start up there own wireless TV broadcast thing like cable or satellite kinda like what northpoint wanted to do but they seem to focus on the rural areas then the big markets but i think that whatever Dolan or Charlie are up to they will want all the licenses not just the top markets they are focusing on right now.

Hmm... BushCom...nah! ;) I was kind of afraid of that. I will ALWAYS be a satellite customer, and even though I've been leaning toward staying with DirecTV lately, I've still been keeping an eye on Dish until March. The possibility of SD and HD locals via Dish would interest me VERY much. The loser, whether it's Charlie or Dolan for the big markets, would have a LOT of money to spend on picking up the smaller markets... however, whether or not they will feel that way, I really can't say. Once the dust settles on the auction, they're will plenty more speculation, I'm sure.

~Alan

bruce said:
Charlie back on top $80 mil vs. $20 mil.
Note that South.com gets a 35% bidding credit for being a minority run company. DTVNorwich makes a bid for $100,000 and South.com makes a bid for $100,000. South.com only has to pay $66,000 if their bid wins.

South.com has some play money to work with. :D

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)