Dish Media Home does not work.

nodsirrah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Written 11/11/12

I hope this is not information overload but maybe enough clues to help resolve my confusion.

Windows Media Center is installed on all computers.

We have 2 Hoppers (one with Ehernet cable and sling adapter) and 2 Joeys.
iTunes is synced on Desktop 1 (hopper 1), and laptop (Hopper 1 and Desktop 2 (Hopper 2) all Windows 7. We cannot play iTunes on Home Media.

Home Media shows Server Names Desktop 1, laptop and Desktop 2, all show Windows Media Player Sharing, each is Model ID 12.0 each has different Server IP's.

The "Official Dish Hopper Support Forum said I need to be sure my "Sharing" is working.

I have been able to share Music (iTunes), Pictures, Documents and Printers for many years. Just to be sure I went through the Sharing procedures and then verified they were all working.

Maybe a hint, when on the Home Media screen, looking at the Device list on the left side of the screen, Desktop 1 and Laptop have an icon I have never seen before, looks like a tilted monitor on the left with 2 music symbols in the middle and another tilted monitor on the right with something else underneath. However, Desktop 2 has an icon for Windows Media Player. On Home Media screen I select Desktop 1 and Laptop it shows "No events to Display". I select Desktop 2 I see the Music icons but when I click on them it shows a progress bar that shows "Transitioning", even though the bar at the top shows "Now Playing", but no audio. New info 11/12/12: This morning the Home Media screen shows only Desktop 2, I hit the Refresh and no change, only Desktop 2 shows. I clicked through to play a song and it shows all of the iTunes songs but when I click on one it shows "Transitioning". If I wait a few minutes an icon shows on the screen with the name of the song but no audio!! I went through all the Pictures and they all show up. We do not have any Videos on any computer.

How does Dish Home Media know where on the Network to find Pictures, Movies, Videos, Music etc? There is no place to enter the computer location and I did not enter any locations.

I am an 80 year old non-Geek, where can I get help with Home Media since Dish Hopper Support doesn't know anything? Or is it just not possible to play iTunes through Home Media?

Should I call a Technician to come to my house?