Dish, Mission Sign Temporary Pact Due to Coronavirus

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008

I am going to be upfront and plead ignorance. Who is paying whom on DISH-local channels? Does DISH pay the local channels to retransmit or do the local channels pay DISH to retransmit?

I am going to be upfront and plead ignorance. Who is paying whom on DISH-local channels? Does DISH pay the local channels to retransmit or do the local channels pay DISH to retransmit?

While we provide access to the local channels and their content, the channel itself is owned by other channel owners. Therefore, they are the ones that control the content as well.

Periodically, DISH and the channel owners negotiate deals so that we may offer you high-quality content at a fair value. Sometimes these demands are unreasonable that we, in good faith, can't pass those demands onto our customers.

We work towards a beneficial long-term agreement for both sides so that our customers won't be affected.

Reactions: charlesrshell
While we provide access to the local channels and their content, the channel itself is owned by other channel owners. Therefore, they are the ones that control the content as well.

Periodically, DISH and the channel owners negotiate deals so that we may offer you high-quality content at a fair value. Sometimes these demands are unreasonable that we, in good faith, can't pass those demands onto our customers.

We work towards a beneficial long-term agreement for both sides so that our customers won't be affected.
Really? What kind of a non-answer is that to the question. It's a simple answer and navychop gives it. ;)

I got an OTA installed last Monday, March 23rd, in case talks go sour. I love it, because I have more subchannels on my lineup. It was a whole lot cheaper going through Dish, than going through a local installer. I am very happy with it and the installer was quick, but good, and a very friendly young man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)