Dish & MLB Extra Innings

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Anybody know if Dish is going to offer Extra Innings again this year? Can I buy it if I only have the Welcome Pack? Anybody know what the cost will be?

I'm trying to decide if I want to go with MLB.TV or use Dish for out-of-market games. Spring training comin' soon!

Dont know that answer, but if it were me and you wanted to spend your money with me... I would take it instead of having you go somewhere else...

But DISH is not me. :D

I would settle for just being able to add Multi-Sport to Welcome Pack. Many of the games on the out-of-market RSNs go into extra innings, and the end of the game is not blacked out if it runs past the time slot allotted in the guide for it. :)

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I would settle for just being able to add Multi-Sport to Welcome Pack. Many of the games on the out-of-market RSNs go into extra innings, and the end of the game is not blacked out if it runs past the time slot allotted in the guide for it. :)

Exactly. That's why I was asking if Extra Innings can even be added to Welcome Pack, because they won't allow you to even add RSN's below AT120

Exactly. That's why I was asking if Extra Innings can even be added to Welcome Pack, because they won't allow you to even add RSN's below AT120
If they had a "Team Pass" like they do for the NBA, I might consider it. As it is, I am pretty sure that Extra Innings can be added with Welcome Pack, but I would still prefer Multi-Sport. :)

I want to get MLB Extra innings with Dish because it comes with MLB.tv. The only problem is that I do not want to miss spring training games. My MLB.tv subscription is due to renew on Feb 28th. Last year Dish waited until the start of the regular season before you could sign up and thus missing out on spring training games using the MLB.tv portion. Why doesn't dish make ordering available around Feb 28th?

Extra Innings does not have a team-specific package... That's MLB.TV only.

Niembre - I'm in the same boat, but not hopeful. I figure I'll have to ante up for one month of MLB.TV but it's so cheap annually I don't think the month will be too expensive.

Extra Innings does not have a team-specific package... That's MLB.TV only.

Niembre - I'm in the same boat, but not hopeful. I figure I'll have to ante up for one month of MLB.TV but it's so cheap annually I don't think the month will be too expensive.

The lawsuit says all of extra innings and MLBTV will offer option of single team. This goes through 2020 I believe with restrictions on package increases also.
http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2016/2/...details-extra-innings-mlb-tv-packages-cheaper

That article mentions only two providers and says even they are not required to offer a single team package.

Correct - it says they can offer EI Single Team. Since they did not for 2016, there's no reason to think they would in 2017. And in any event Dish isn't covered by that lawsuit.

I did get a response from MLB.TV when I asked if Dish Extra Innings would still authenticate for MLB.TV (since it did NOT work for NHL.) They confirmed it would...

The annoying thing is that the single team MLB.TV package really isn't that much less than the full package. I'm trying to decide if I want to ante up for the whole season, or just wait for the post all-star break bargains to begin. I might wait to see how many of my Mets pitcher's arms survive the first week or two and then go from there. :confused:

The annoying thing is that the single team MLB.TV package really isn't that much less than the full package. I'm trying to decide if I want to ante up for the whole season, or just wait for the post all-star break bargains to begin. I might wait to see how many of my Mets pitcher's arms survive the first week or two and then go from there. :confused:

I am wrestling with the same decision. I'm sure the close pricing is intentional... more people probably go for the package with all the teams

Reactions: DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)