Dish & MLB Extra Innings

Is anyone going to sign up for MLB extra innings through dish? My MLB.tv subscription is due to renew within a week. I don't want to miss out on spring training games, so I probably will just let my MLB.tv renew and not get the MLB Extra innings package with Dish. I don't want to double pay for the service. I guess it's Dish's loss.

Is anyone going to sign up for MLB extra innings through dish? My MLB.tv subscription is due to renew within a week. I don't want to miss out on spring training games, so I probably will just let my MLB.tv renew and not get the MLB Extra innings package with Dish. I don't want to double pay for the service. I guess it's Dish's loss.

I might, if I knew what it was going to cost. Was hoping someone from DIRT would chime in and let us know....

Just thought of something. In my zip code I would normally receive Fox Sports Midwest (Cardinals) and Fox Sports Kansas City (Royals). Obviously those don't come with my Welcome Pack. So, if I buy Dish's MLB Extra Innings package, are they going to black those games out, even though I'd normally receive them if I had AT120+ ?

I know that Dish still doesn't carry SNY. Does this mean that that MLB Extra Innings on Dish will not have HD games on SNY?

Just thought of something. In my zip code I would normally receive Fox Sports Midwest (Cardinals) and Fox Sports Kansas City (Royals). Obviously those don't come with my Welcome Pack. So, if I buy Dish's MLB Extra Innings package, are they going to black those games out, even though I'd normally receive them if I had AT120+ ?

Yes they would blacked out, just as it would be if you got the package online. The MLB package has no connection to what you do or don't get it's what market you are in.

Is anyone going to sign up for MLB extra innings through dish? .

Of course... Missing out on the TV features for the entire season is not worth worrying about missing a few spring training games. As I mentioned before, start your free trial on Saturday (if the game you want isn't on MLB Network) and that gets you a week. If you really need it, pay the $25 to get your first month and when Dish comes online call MLB.TV and ask them to get a refund so you can authenticate (that's what I did last year.)

Yes they would blacked out, just as it would be if you got the package online. The MLB package has no connection to what you do or don't get it's what market you are in.

So if I upped my subscription to AT120+, all of a sudden those two channels wouldn't be blacked out anymore?

I wonder when the auto renewal will happen? Will they wait until April 1?

As per the e-mail:

The 2017 MLB® season begins April 2, 2017 and this package will auto-renew approximately 30 days prior to this date.

Also:

If you choose not to renew your MLB EXTRA INNINGS package, please call 1-800-333-3474 by April 2, 2017, and a customer service representative will remove the package from your account.

Last year, the billing appeared on my account in April, within a day or so of the beginning of the season.

They would not be blacked out on their regular channel numbers, since those would be part of your base package in-market. The MLB Extra Innings channel numbers for those games would still be blacked out.

I sure am thankful for this forum. I would have spent $165 for something I couldn't have used! Guess I will be buying MLB.TV from the website and then use www.unlocator.com to get around the blackouts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts