Dish Model 811 - P2.89 Software Update

Question: Has the 811 always had the Search feature? I just noticed it tonight when checking out the new menus. I wish it would retain the last few searches like the DVR's do, that would be cool.

Mine isn't in that range - I currently have 2.87. I sure hope 2.89 is more stable than 2.87. I have been rebooting once a week or whenever I notice the SD jittering. The box seems to hang when I change between HD and SD frequently, or between OTA and SAT channels frequently. My wife only watches SD SAT channels so during the week when I am at work it seems to behave itself. The thing that really bugs me about doing the reset is that I have to reach behind the TV and unplug the box then plug it back in. Has anyone tried sticking a card in from another box to see if that would force a reset, kind of like a card pull?

Does anyone else find that there 811 is in Zoom while in SD? I use an old Commodore 13" monitor to view recordings, burn DVD's, set timers or to watch a quick show so I don't have to fire up the pj and every now and then I find the 811 in Zoom mode and sometimes it is that way for a recording so it is ruined. I may be inadvertently hitting the page down button and setting that mode myself, I'll have to pay closer attention to detail I guess.

Darrell

Try the PgDn and PgUp. One of them changed zoom modes for SD and one for HD. Cant remember which one. PRess info and you will see the modes that HD and SD content are on. I believe this feature is new to you since you were back on 282.

I know that Pg Dwn changes SD and Pg Up changes HD, I just can't remember hitting the Pg Dwn to get it into Zoom, it seems to do it on it's own.

Smith said:
As I see from current reports, all factory DP811 should download P2.89;
P2.89 will be downloaded for those who running from P2.60 to P2.88 and serial numbers in range 58100000-60265000,
around 50 receivers selected also:

My second 811 is out of this range... Any idea when the rest will be updated?

G.

Sounds like those who have 289 are doing better with the OTA lockups....I am getting sick of making sure I go from OTA DTV, to dish provided analog before changing a channel :)

I'm not liking 289 very much. Watching Farenheit 911 last night on SHO-HD, the video went jumpy about every 10 minutes. This is way f'd up.

What IS their problem?

AcuraCL said:
I'm not liking 289 very much. Watching Farenheit 911 last night on SHO-HD, the video went jumpy about every 10 minutes. This is way f'd up.

What IS their problem?
...Farenheit 911 ... is way f'd up.

That IS their problem!

I watched HD OTA and on EPSN-HD all night, after downloading P2.89. No problem.

GaryPen said:
AcuraCL - I'll burn you a copy of F911, if you want. Great movie. The director said it's OK to copy, as long as no money is involved. So, it ain't piracy.

Yep, great movie if you like innuendo and outright lies.

How about building a sequel where he massages the timelines a bit more? Maybe he can make 9/11 happen during Clinton's administration and show how well Clinton handled terrorism! NOT!

philhu said:
Yep, great movie if you like innuendo and outright lies.

How about building a sequel where he massages the timelines a bit more? Maybe he can make 9/11 happen during Clinton's administration and show how well Clinton handled terrorism! NOT!

Please, just can it.

I don't care what you think about it and no one else does either. I just mentioned the show/network in case anyone else observed the same thing at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts