Dish Movement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phoenix94

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2006
Dish will only move west (actuator arm retracting) won't go east. I can hear the 920 4dtv positioner click on and off in the house but no movement on the dish. I checked the arm, not binding. It had been working just moments before this started. Any ideas?

Try swaping the wire around on your box if it drives the dish to the east (arm extending) you'll know the problem will be in the box itself and not the actuator.
If the problem is in the actuator it could be the mechanical limit switch for the maximum extention could have a problem.

Switched the wires, no change. Also, I can hear the motor hum on the actuator when I input a request to move on the reciever.

sounds like the arm is froze up somewhere mine did that and i had to change the arm, then it went to working again sometimes you can take them off and clean the and it will go back to working again good luck

I took the motor off and turned the shaft completely out by hand and it seemed to turn freely so I don't think it stuck, the inner arm is clean. I swapped the 920 out with an old analog receiver and it still wouldn't move. When I hooked the 920 back up I got nothing at all, no noise at the actuator at all. What are the symptoms of a bad reed switch?

I'm replacing the arm anyway as it is 14 years old, should be here any day now. Gettin' a little tired of climbing up on the roof to change the position of the dish by hand.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts