Dish moves on reorg, staff cuts

How did the author determine that the coronavirus has impacted DISH's business? Here is what DISH said in the memo......

“The pandemic has forced us to take a closer look at every aspect of our business, at our work volumes, our areas of focus and investments, and the performance of our team members,” wrote Carlson. “I want you to hear directly from me that we’ve made a series of difficult decisions to reevaluate parts of our business, particularly within In Home Services.”

I would suggest that the pandemic has "allowed" DISH to trim some fat in line with their future expectations. After all, laying off employees now will give them each $600 per week more in unemployment benefits than doing so six months from now.

To suggest that the coronavirus has "impacted" DISH's business based on DISH's memo is a stretch.

I hope that JSheridan and HipKat and other Dish employees who post at SatelliteGuys are not part of the Dish staff reduction.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I don't think either of them are on the Dish payroll. JSheridan is a retailer and HipKat is a contractor. Both are involved in field installation and repair. I don't think this affect either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts