Dish Multi view keeps flashing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Nirmus

Original poster
Oct 24, 2018
Sacramento
I have a Hopper 3 and Samsung 4K tv, when I do pip mode all pip modes work fine except multi view, I can see 4 different channels but it flashes between multi view and black screen all the time only on multi view, my software is up to date on both my tv and receiver ive even unplugged both tv and receiver to restart, I contacted dish and they are submitting to engineers to follow up , I don’t believe it’s an issue with my tv , but anyone ever have this issue?

I have a Hopper 3 and Samsung 4K tv, when I do pip mode all pip modes work fine except multi view, I can see 4 different channels but it flashes between multi view and black screen all the time only on multi view, my software is up to date on both my tv and receiver ive even unplugged both tv and receiver to restart, I contacted dish and they are submitting to engineers to follow up , I don’t believe it’s an issue with my tv , but anyone ever have this issue?

I use it every day. Haven't had that problem.

Reactions: charlesrshell

If you have a 4K TV then MultiView switches to 4K or UHD and your TV or HDMI connection might be having a problem with it. You could try a different HDMI wire and/or a different HDMI input on your TV. If the problem persists you could try component to see if it's a problem there too.

If you have a 4K TV then MultiView switches to 4K or UHD and your TV or HDMI connection might be having a problem with it. You could try a different HDMI wire and/or a different HDMI input on your TV. If the problem persists you could try component to see if it's a problem there too.
Will multiview work with a component cable. Multiview is 4K...

Will multiview work with a component cable. Multiview is 4K...

It works fine in any resolution. Last I checked if you have it running thru HDMI on a 4K TV then it's 4K only and the component and composite outputs are blank but if you don't have a 4K TV or you use the component or composite outputs only it works fine. In fact MultiView using composite is not letterboxed like regular A/V content is on the composite output.

I distribute from a Hopper 3 to several TV's using component and MultiView is on most of the time. :)

Reactions: TheKrell
It works fine in any resolution. Last I checked if you have it running thru HDMI on a 4K TV then it's 4K only and the component and composite outputs are blank but if you don't have a 4K TV or you use the component or composite outputs only it works fine. In fact MultiView using composite is not letterboxed like regular A/V content is on the composite output.

I distribute from a Hopper 3 to several TV's using component and MultiView is on most of the time. :)
Interesting, thanks for the explanation.

Reactions: JSheridan
Thank you all for the help , so I swapped inputs on my Samsung tv and my multiview function works without issue , and my Blu-ray player which is now connected in the other hdmi input seems to work just fine. Now I’m just going to contact Samsung and verify if there is something wrong with that hdmi input or if there is some type of limitation with the specific input that had my multi view go haywire. Thanks again and now onto Samsung lol

Thank you all for the help , so I swapped inputs on my Samsung tv and my multiview function works without issue , and my Blu-ray player which is now connected in the other hdmi input seems to work just fine. Now I’m just going to contact Samsung and verify if there is something wrong with that hdmi input or if there is some type of limitation with the specific input that had my multi view go haywire. Thanks again and now onto Samsung lol

You're welcome. Usually not all TV HDMI inputs work with 4K.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I get multiview on an LG OLED tv. Most of the time it works fine. In the last 2 weeks it has developed an on/off bug of not letting me switch from one quadrant to another, Sometimes when I use the up or down keys , it changes channel instead of going to another quadrant. I have to exit multiview go back in and reset each quadrant and it works until it freezes again.

I get multiview on an LG OLED tv. Most of the time it works fine. In the last 2 weeks it has developed an on/off bug of not letting me switch from one quadrant to another, Sometimes when I use the up or down keys , it changes channel instead of going to another quadrant. I have to exit multiview go back in and reset each quadrant and it works until it freezes again.

When mine does the not switching from one to the other. I found that hitting the Recall goes from one to the next.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)