Dish needs to get BravoHD+

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
Dish needs to get Bravo

WOW I never ever thought i would say I sure want Bravo on DISH but read what going to happen real soon.

Bravo HD+ will become Universal HD on December 1. The programming will be enhanced significantly with shows such as Battlestar Galactica, Law & Order: SVU, Monk and movies such as Erin Brokovich and sports - anything that USA carries on Thurs/Fri before it goes to the network on the weekend. This will be announced to the trades on Nov 9.

trido

news release on the change?...

I think when BravoHD+ makes the changes to become a compelling channel and when other NBC-Universal stations come up for renewal we'll get Bravo-HD+ along with NBC-HD if we don't already get them with the new Shiva

Hey, I'll spell it how it can be said as an acronym ;)

This one's actually something like the SHVRIA

trido said:
WOW I never ever thought i would say I sure want Bravo on DISH but read what going to happen real soon.

Bravo HD+ will become Universal HD on December 1. The programming will be enhanced significantly with shows such as Battlestar Galactica, Law & Order: SVU, Monk and movies such as Erin Brokovich and sports - anything that USA carries on Thurs/Fri before it goes to the network on the weekend. This will be announced to the trades on Nov 9.

trido
It's about damned time, I've watched exactly 1 show on BravoHD+ (give them a big fat minus) over the last 7 months and that was Cirque Du Soleil, awesome show.

My wife was bummed that we didn't have Bravo HD because the Olympics were recently rebroadcast in HD. Hope it happens in E* land soon.

trido said:

trido

Yes, yes alll well and good BUT will it be TRUE HD or the fake, imitation, fish-eyed, stretched upconverted, heads cutoff HD like they show on TNT? :eek:

I am in no rush for BravoHD+. Once they kick over to being NBC's HD outlet, then I'll be more eagar.

Here's SHIVA.

:d

Attachments

• Shiva%20_India.jpg
    Shiva%20_India.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 173
It's Official:

November 9. 2004

In the event that you have been wondering what is up with Bravo HD+ and all of those repeats, here is a bit of news to warn the cockles of your heart. _Dale

NBC Universal Cable Rebrands Bravo HD+ to 'Universal HD'

'Universal HD' to Offer Hundreds of Hours of HD Programming Featuring Best HD Content from the NBC Universal Library

Englewood Cliffs, NJ – November 9, 2004 – NBC Universal Cable will relaunch Bravo HD+ to Universal HD, offering the best programming from the NBC Universal library in HD, beginning December 1, it was announced today by David Zaslav, President, NBC Universal Cable and Jeff Gaspin, President, NBC Universal Cable Entertainment and Cross-Network Strategy.

"The acquisition of Universal provided us with an opportunity to offer an even more compelling HD service," said Zaslav. "The launch of Universal HD is a testament to our commitment to offer more meaningful content that meets the needs of our distributors and viewers. It is the first of many ways that NBC Universal will deliver high-quality programming on a new platform such as HD and VOD."

"The extensive NBC Universal library allowed us to create the pre-eminent entertainment HD service," said Gaspin. "There is a lot of excitement around HD right now, and we wanted to be ahead of the curve with the highest-quality HD programming out there. We are drawing from all corners of NBC Universal's vast entertainment and sports libraries to provide a channel with appeal to viewers and cable operators. This is the kind of entertainment channel owners of HD sets have been asking for."

At launch the network will be available to more than 25 million subscribers through distribution deals with DIRECTV, Cablevision, Cox, Insight, Mediacom, Voom and others.

Universal HD will feature blockbuster films, unedited and uninterrupted, including "Backdraft," "Back to the Future," "Billy Madison," "Far and Away," "Jaws," "The River Wild" and "Sea of Love;" award-wining dramas including SCI FI's "Battlestar Galactica," USA's "The District," "Karen Sisco," "Law & Order: SVU" and "Monk;" top rated sports such as the US Open and the 2004 Summer Olympics and performance arts and entertainment.

Universal HD will be presented as Bravo HD+ was, as a distinct channel with its own unique schedule. Marketing efforts supporting Universal HD include targeted local and national digital HD campaigns. Additionally, NBC Universal will cross promote through its resources of broadcast and cable networks. Specific programming information and schedules will be available at a later date.

DarrellP said:
"The acquisition of Universal provided us with an opportunity to offer an even more compelling HD service," said Zaslav. "

Uh oh...he used the "c" word...wonder if Charlie was listening!

Except that... In the Echostar's conference call, Ergen said there is no room for a new HD channel until a new bird is up. It could be that UHD was already counted in, but who knows...

Hong.

hongcho said:
Except that... In the Echostar's conference call, Ergen said there is no room for a new HD channel until a new bird is up. It could be that UHD was already counted in, but who knows...

Hong.

Once the new AMC bird is up and running at 105 I'm hoping we get all kinds of HD.

Don't want it

Don't want it if they squeeze it on to a full transponder. HD should be HD not squashed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts