Dish needs to work on their work order dept.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zplugger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2018
Fenton MI.
After talking with Dish for month the day came to install my system, I was getting two Hopper 3's and four 3.0 wired joeys. I had to buy the second Hopper 3, got good deal on ebay. Tech shows up with a regular hopper and two joeys,now my day begins. Had to get back on phone Dish and get it fixed and they sent the tech the wrong order. I feel sorry for the tech's that half to deal with this,he was just going off the work order. Finally he got both hopper 3's setup but only used 2.0 joeys, do I need to address this since Dish told me 3.0 joeys. Tech said their is no difference between them,I sure this is not right because they don't look the same. After 18 years with Dish I almost left them over being on phone for hours getting this fix. I think they need to work on customer service a little better,seems like every time to talk to them they say will put a note on account. I guess this make this short should I request the 3.0 joeys?

Yes! I got a Hopper3, Joey3, and a Wally (for the MH). When install time come, got a H3, J3, and a 211. Complained because I specified a Wally, not 211. They replaced it and gave me a deal where the replacement was half price (a credit). No rants or raving, just a strong *not what I ordered*. I’ve been completely satisfied with Dish CS since being a newer member.

After talking with Dish for month the day came to install my system, I was getting two Hopper 3's and four 3.0 wired joeys. I had to buy the second Hopper 3, got good deal on ebay. Tech shows up with a regular hopper and two joeys,now my day begins. Had to get back on phone Dish and get it fixed and they sent the tech the wrong order. I feel sorry for the tech's that half to deal with this,he was just going off the work order. Finally he got both hopper 3's setup but only used 2.0 joeys, do I need to address this since Dish told me 3.0 joeys. Tech said their is no difference between them,I sure this is not right because they don't look the same. After 18 years with Dish I almost left them over being on phone for hours getting this fix. I think they need to work on customer service a little better,seems like every time to talk to them they say will put a note on account. I guess this make this short should I request the 3.0 joeys?
There's a big difference between Joey 2's and Joey 3's. Dish can no longer create work orders for Joey 2's BUT you can use Joey 2's on a work order that says Joey 3's. And yeah, the people creating work orders the last few months have gotten beyond stupid. It's a daily call to get work orders modified anymore.

Another example of why you should always use your local retailer, if you have a good one.

And yes, you should try to get the Joey 3's. They are a LOT faster than the Joeys 2's.
If only good retailers were everywhere, but sadly, most retailers are not good ones, like you my friend

I bet the work order said Joey 3’s and the tech or warehouse was trying to dump some old inventory.

Most customers wouldn’t know the difference anyways.
That's what I say, too. There's no shortages of Joey 3's anymore so either the tech chose to use Joey 2's or possibly he was out of them on his van

Does upgrade from Joey 2.0 to Joey 3.0 require a tech visit?

What is the cost?

My Joey 2.0 is getting a bit glitchy: Guide freezing up after nightly reboot, have to restart twice to get the guide to work, watchihg a recording in progress, it occasionally jumps to realtime.

Actually they want a tech to bring them to you. The change is a simple unplug the power and HDMI cable from the existing Joey 2 and plug them into the Joey 3. The 3 does have to be activated though and the 2 deactivated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)