Dish Network 222 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

orbitallocation

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2007
Anyone here anything about the new 222 receiver from dish. I guess it is suppose to be a hd dual tuner to tv1 and standard def to tv2. It is suppose to be like the 622, minus the dvr. I was wondering if anyone has tried one yet? And if you, what do you think about it?

Anyone here anything about the new 222 receiver from dish. I guess it is suppose to be a hd dual tuner to tv1 and standard def to tv2. It is suppose to be like the 622, minus the dvr. I was wondering if anyone has tried one yet? And if you, what do you think about it?

A 222 is an upgraded 211, and you may or may not find anyone here who's played with one as they're currently in closed beta test. The next 622 comparable series is the 722.

I hope to let you know how it is Thursday night :)

HD with dual tuners, TV2 is downconverted to SD. Basically a 622 minus the hard drive (maybe that USB port will come in handy some day).

Hi all,

I just returned to Dish after 4 years with cable. Originally I had a 622 and a 211. Since I was installed less than a month ago I called and asked about switching the 211 for a 222. They ended up upgrading me to the 222 and I still have no contract. So far it seems to me to be just like the 622 except for the lack of a DVR. I switched because I really live the TV 2 feature on the 622 and now I can use that in single mode if I want and use the 222 in Dual. The 222 has a larger profile than the 211 it is more like the 622. So far so good.

From Swanni

"News
EchoStar Adds Multiroom HD Receiver
But the second room can only display standard definition programming.
By Phillip Swann

Washington, D.C. (June 5, 2007) -- EchoStar's Dish Network has introduced a High-Definition receiver that can display programming in two different rooms at the same time.

However, there's a catch. The primary room can display high-def signals, but the second room can only show standard definition signals.

The dual-tuner set-top, model ViP222, can transmit high-def channels in MPEG4, which provides cleaner and crisper signals. But unlike EchoStar's ViP622 set-top, the ViP222 can not record programming.

The set-top will, however, includes on-screen Caller I.D., picture-in-picture and a parental lock feature.

It's available for lease to new and existing customers through EchoStar's "Digital Home Advantage" package.

Can some one tell me what Digital Home Advantage' is?

The 222's are now available and are no longer in beta (In fact DishStore.NET has them in stock to own for $299 and can ship to you today)

The 222 is like a 622 but no hard drive.

In the future you will be able to add an external hard drive on to the 222 and turn it into a DVR.

622 EHD in July

Hopefully it will roll-out in July, so figure August. Have a 750Gb drive just waiting for some content to be transferred.:)

If your into HD wouldnt you demand DVR?

Personally I think E when moving to MPEG 4 shouldnt even bother building any non DVR boxes.

The 222's are now available and are no longer in beta (In fact DishStore.NET has them in stock to own for $299 and can ship to you today)

The 222 is like a 622 but no hard drive.

In the future you will be able to add an external hard drive on to the 222 and turn it into a DVR.

now that a couple of months have gone by, and the 622 external hard drive feature is available...

do you have an update on external hard drive for the 222??

Also... do you know whether the 222 would be able to record directly to the external hard drive, or could it only play back recordings transferred to the hard drive from another DVR box (622/722) ??

If the latter, this would obviously only be useful when the software is updated to allow any box on the account to access the external hard drive.

Doesn't matter how many times we will ask same questions about ViP 222, if the news will come it will be post here and using Search button we will get them same minute, hour or day after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts