Dish Network 5G Internet?

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
This may need to be moved to another location.

In my search for high speed internet I noticed some work being done on a tower less than a mile from me. I went there and I was told they was installing antennas for Dish. Any info concerning this would be greatly appreaciate.

They are going across the country installing them, but do not look for them to be turned on until late spring early summer. :)
Late spring or early summer would be better than late 2022 which is what Starlink has me at. Is there any info out there about speeds and prices? I signed up for something Project Gene5is. Is this it?

Wonder if the FCC saying no 5G around airports is going to effect Charlie's plans!

Why would it, Dish has no C band spectrum. Verizon and AT&T were the two big spenders at the C band auction, with T-Mobile and US Cellular getting the scraps. Dish's mid band holdings are CBRS n48.

Whatever delays (if there are any) with VZW and AT&T building out and lighting up C band will give T-Mobile more time to continue to make the most of n41 that they got when they bought out Sprint. I'm getting 400 to 500 Mbps down on most n41 sites, maxing out at just under 800 Mbps.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Nope
Charlie's problem is frequencies he has won't penetrate buildings to well and nobody wanted to buy them..
Sub-gigahertz does a better job getting into buildings than the high-band 5G frequencies used by Verizon. They practically require line-of-sight to the antennas.

Of course, everything is up for grabs in the real world. My phone says I have 5G, but do I really? 217 Mbps down and 27.4 Mbps up, not too shabby. I’ll shut up now…

Does this mean an antenna would be needed to receive the signal from the tower? This would not be a problem for me being I have several already.
Thats a dish question..
Sub-gigahertz does a better job getting into buildings than the high-band 5G frequencies used by Verizon. They practically require line-of-sight to the antennas.

Of course, everything is up for grabs in the real world. My phone says I have 5G, but do I really? 217 Mbps down and 27.4 Mbps up, not too shabby. I’ll shut up now…
5g is just a marketing term
Its not going to live up to yhe hype

The main goal was to get everyone off of landlines to wireless..looks like that will now be 6g...everyone has those cute 5g icons on their phone but its really no different than 4g in functionality

Yeah, 6G is already being talked about here, as well, and being prepped for release, but with 5G being so stalled and the investment made by the wireless carriers for 5G, look for 6G to be everywhere but the USA in years to come.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah, 6G is already being talked about here, as well, and being prepped for release, but with 5G being so stalled and the investment made by the wireless carriers for 5G, look for 6G to be everywhere but the USA in years to come.
It's common for the next generation of cell service to be in development a decade or more before real word testing begins. And of course there will be some confusion for folks seeing references to "6G" (6 GHz) WiFi versus "6G" (6th Generation) cell service.

Thats a dish question..

5g is just a marketing term
Its not going to live up to yhe hype

The main goal was to get everyone off of landlines to wireless..looks like that will now be 6g...everyone has those cute 5g icons on their phone but its really no different than 4g in functionality
the only 5G i noticed that's different is verizon ultra wide band. the mid and low spectrum bands suck there really no better than LTE