Dish Network 5G Internet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Latest update on their efforts to offer 5G home service. It would really give them some much needed cash flow while they complete the build out.

Hope they can do it, but they need a lot of cash, from the link-

To do all of this DISH still needs to raise $3.6 billion to complete the purchase of T-Mobile’s spectrum it hopes to use for this service. DISH has until April 1st 2024 to do this but must pay T-Mobile $100 million for that extension.

They will need a lot more, modems for one to receive the signal.

Just curious but what are the upload/download speeds for both Dish Netgear and the T-Mobile gateway?
My TMO gateway usually is around 130 to 150 download and 30 upload speeds. The Dish hotspot gets about the same download, but the upload is only around 15. I have a tower with Dish about 3/4 of a mile away. The tower with TMO is close to two miles away. There are heavy wooded areas between me and the towers. While on a trip in my RV I got over 300 mbps download with the TMO gateway.

I'm pretty happy with Boost Infinite, however, I'd want a trial before permanently swapping it for AT&T fiber. Already losing bandwidth with the switch, but if the price was right, and it was stable, I could live with 100 to 300 Mbps.

I'm pretty happy with Boost Infinite, however, I'd want a trial before permanently swapping it for AT&T fiber. Already losing bandwidth with the switch, but if the price was right, and it was stable, I could live with 100 to 300 Mbps.
Staying stable is the big deal to me. But my TMO home internet is not stable either. I have to swap back and forth between them.

Reactions: charlesrshell