Dish Network 5G Internet?

Things not going well.

Bloomberg estimate

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230817_210014_Google News.jpg
    Screenshot_20230817_210014_Google News.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 99
Except they do not have the money to pay for it, from your link-

Dish is also asking the District Court for the District of Columbia to modify the terms of its deal with T-Mobile so that its purchase of the 800MHz spectrum isn't made official until June 30, 2024. That basically will give the company more time to raise the money necessary to finance its purchase of the spectrum.

Except they do not have the money to pay for it, from your link-

Dish is also asking the District Court for the District of Columbia to modify the terms of its deal with T-Mobile so that its purchase of the 800MHz spectrum isn't made official until June 30, 2024. That basically will give the company more time to raise the money necessary to finance its purchase of the spectrum.
T-Mobile does not want to wait for the money-

Reactions: charlesrshell
A bunch of legalese going on with that. Makes me wonder what the rules are. Dish isn't walking away, they can't afford it at the moment. They indicate they can use it immediately. So what is the typical set up legally to allow Dish more time. This was an option, so they aren't exactly not living up to an agreement, which I think provides them some "good" will from the Court, but T-Mobile shouldn't be required to sit on an asset they are required to sell to someone. Lots of billable hours going to this one.

T-Mobile does not want to wait for the money-

and a response-

Dish on Friday shot back with a response that accused T-Mobile of backing out of its obligation to help create a competitive fourth wireless carrier.

“T-Mobile’s objection to DISH’s extension request should be seen for what it is: an attempt by the market leader to hinder a nascent competitor, one that has taken on the Herculean task of building a modern nationwide facilities-based wireless network in a period of unprecedented economic turmoil,” read the complaint.

• Wow
Reactions: NYDutch
and a response-

Dish on Friday shot back with a response that accused T-Mobile of backing out of its obligation to help create a competitive fourth wireless carrier.

“T-Mobile’s objection to DISH’s extension request should be seen for what it is: an attempt by the market leader to hinder a nascent competitor, one that has taken on the Herculean task of building a modern nationwide facilities-based wireless network in a period of unprecedented economic turmoil,” read the complaint.

Show me the money!

and a response-

Wasn't Dish instrumental in seeing the T-Mobile/Sprint merger was successful?

Wasn't Dish instrumental in seeing the T-Mobile/Sprint merger was successful?
If I remember correctly, the Government wanted a 4th Phone Carrier as condition of the merger, so T-Mobile/Sprint split off Boost, which Dish took over.

Unfortunately , Dish might of received a lemon, since it has lost 1.25 Million Subscribers since T-Mobile/Sprint sold it to Dish.

Was sitting on my deck and did a speed test. Instead of my normal test it came back as the server connected to was Dish Wireless ? Never had that show up.

Latest update on their efforts to offer 5G home service. It would really give them some much needed cash flow while they complete the build out.