Dish Network 5G Internet?

How does this work? Where does the fiber to the towers come from?

A lot of time from the local cable company

Plus Verizon and AT&T, who provided their own fiber backhaul for their respective wireless services in many circumstances. But not always, the Verizon tower near where I work is fed by fiber from Charter. It was cheaper to use Time Warner for backhaul than it was to user their own fiber. Even more ironic is that T-Mobile, who constantly rags on Verizon, AT&T and the cable companies has to outsource their fiber backhaul to the same companies they rag on since they don't own any of their own fiber in the US, although that changed a little bit with the acquisition of Sprint, but Sprint didn't have a ton either.

Reactions: charlesrshell
According to this article(and others) Starlink Website Nixes 'Beta' Wording, Warns Chip Shortage Is Delaying Orders. Starlink came out of Beta October 2021.Also note the speeds most customers are getting are above the original promised specs.
I am not a Musk fan boy but I do object to the billions of dollars that are being thrown at the telcos and cable companies to extend their lines to customers they should have run to in the first place.At a cost of minimum $5000/customer.And then they get the monthly revenue!
Of course if it's mentioned that 500<5000 then "but it's evil Musk" cause Comcast and Spectrum etc are such good corporations.Rant off
Starlink can be included with the 885+ million awarded to them by the government for extending broadband to underserved areas . They are all on the public dole.

Reactions: tanman
Some more news - hopefully I will be in the "among others" section of smaller cities in several states being Arkansas is not listed.

I wonder what "Cleveland, OH" covers. Just checking Boost, and the Celero is $139 right now... which seems to be what it is worth.

I wonder what "Cleveland, OH" covers. Just checking Boost, and the Celero is $139 right now... which seems to be what it is worth.
I would sign up just in case it covers your area. I am in Bella Vista which is not shown, but I border Bentonville, AR which is shown. Being there is a tower less than a mile from me I think I may have a good shot. Below is the sign up website.

This fits.
I have a Genesis G80 that is going to lose its data services (long distance remote start and such) at the end of the year due to 3G being turned off. And 3G is being turned off at least in part due to being replaced by 5G (and LTE before that).