Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The following software release noted have been furnished to us by DISHSUPPORT.COM.

Here is whats new and updated i n the new 6.72 software for the 722 that just started rolling out yesterday.

VOD Network Folders, SVOD fix, Pop-up rework 535 fix, Sling Adapter fixes, Live VM, black screen from standby/other fixes, Misc.

Remember there is no way to force an update, it will get to you receiver when it gets there.
smile.gif

Gee, if loss of an OTA channel no longer pops up that "acquiring satellite signal" error, that would be great! Also I'm breathing heavily over the Sling Adapter fixes. ;) Also I've seen a black screen very occasionally. But what the heck is "live VM" or "SVOD?" Does anybody know these acronyms?

The following software release noted have been furnished to us by DISHSUPPORT.COM.

Here is whats new and updated i n the new 6.72 software for the 722 that just started rolling out yesterday.

VOD Network Folders, SVOD fix, Pop-up rework 535 fix, Sling Adapter fixes, Live VM, black screen from standby/other fixes, Misc.

Remember there is no way to force an update, it will get to you receiver when it gets there.
smile.gif
might wanna fix your link ;)

I've had 6.72 on the replacement 722 I got last week, and I don't see any better performance with the Sling Adapter than I had with 6.71 on my other 722.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have noticed that the GUI is quicker now. For a awhile there it would get so slow that when you changed the channel the show would be over before you got there. Never saw the "folder" problem. EPG and timers still suck.

I wonder why some are seeing the slow guide bug and I am not seeing it? I think it might be that my 722k is a brand new unit out of the box, from the online retailer I bought it from. Because sometimes software can mess up a receiver and totally frack it up, so that you need a replacement . I have had this happen on a couple of boxes in the past . I think when they introduced the new menu and guide for dish cinema , this all started for most people.

my two new 722ks dont have the slow guide issue at all. i just got my new units on the the 9th

That sounds like my situation . I got a new 722k installed this month and it works with no slow down in the guide at all. So new receivers work fine and older ones that got the software update seem to suffer from the slow down. So the software did mess up some of the receiver's responsiveness.

Nice theory.
But mine and my dads are both new units that just got installed a month ago. Both running nothing but L680 out of the gate.
My brother had his installed the same week and has never seen this problem.
My unit now has been slow like clock work every other day. I have just gotten used to, one day fast, one day slow, one day fast and so on. lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts