Dish Network 942 Software SCREWUP!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

w8zdjf2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dish Network 942 Software Version L2.27 Now Screwing!

The new software for the 942 screws up the display. i spoke with dish tonight and they confirmed the problem and said they are working on another update to fix.

HD is only 3/4 HD. I knew I should have disabled updates, it was f'ing working fine now the picture is screwed.

Check to see if you have the TNT logo on your TNT HD Channel.

What good are new features if you loose your HD? Bunch a morons, don't they test anything before they release it????
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Welcome, I guess.

Have you tried the Format key? What does the Cancel button say your format is?
Please give more information on your configuration and TV setup.
Does your set accept 1080i and have you set/reset that in the Preferences/Setup?
What did they say was the problem?
-Ken

L227 bugs

As of tonight, my system has rebooted 4 times, downloaded the guide info 3 times, and keeps hanging randomly on live feeds (HDNM). Hung once on DVR too. I ran through the check swithch 3 times before it was a go on both tuners, but now its running OK (uptime 30 mins). I've not had any probs with the 942 since L226, but now its back to the buggy Beta-tester mode. Still I dont have any guide info on PBS-HD OTA ("digital service"), which chaps me daily as the local line-up is totally different than the HD, so I have to check the website and do manual timers for shows, so I usually just use my HTPC for PBS-HD. That's off topic I guess, but I wasted another hour of my leisure time tonight nursing this box to maturity, and I'm just sick of calling E* about these issues with zero satisfaction. Ahh... I miss the old days of SD-DVR bliss with my old D* UltimateTv box, which functioned for 4 years without a SINGLE issue, never powered off, and got its guide without any indication (not to mention no F&^%ing popup telling me to get a land-line to avoid BS charges every day). I finally found my HD-DVR dream machine, and turns out she has too much bagage.

J.edgar
PDX, Oregon

L227 scales

Forgot to mention that the box is doing scaling on HD sources as if it was SD (i.e. it will clip 16:9 HD material with gray bars, stretch the 4:3 portion to 16:9, etc). I guess this is good when watching 4:3 stuff from HBO-HD, so a new feature I guess. Now I just want my PBS-HD guide info and for the lame phone line message to go away.

edgarj said:
Forgot to mention that the box is doing scaling on HD sources as if it was SD (i.e. it will clip 16:9 HD material with gray bars, stretch the 4:3 portion to 16:9, etc). I guess this is good when watching 4:3 stuff from HBO-HD, so a new feature I guess. Now I just want my PBS-HD guide info and for the lame phone line message to go away.

Yea, I want the HD guide info for PBS, too, but unfortunately Dish doesn't provide channel info for channels that they do not offer thenselves, which is rediculous in my opinion. So, since they offer the SD version of PBS, you can get guide info for that, but not for the HD version.

Hell, they don't even provide guide information for the channels that they offer. I have never seen such a bunch of screwups.

Sean, did you ask about the PG issue when you spoke to them, or were you so PO'd about the HD issue that you forgot? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)