DISh Network and Packet 8 Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

WLong

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2004
Just wanted to let you folks know that DISH works great with Packet8. I just ran the diagnostics with the receiver plugged into the Packet8 DTA and it worked fine.

Thanks,
Bill

Packet8 is Vonage's competition. I have it now...and it works OK. I get a lot of "echoes". Im was going to switch to Vonage, but Verizon just offered us unlimited long distance.

Like Steven said, its a VOIP provider. I have no review of it so far, since I just now installed the device.

I have Verizon as well and I dont see an Unlimited calling plan in my area. Packet8 is $19.95 a month for unlimited calls to the US and Canada.

Bill

Dont get me wrong...Packet8 is great as long as you accept the limitations. You can't do any big uploads or downloads while you are talking. But, my girlfriend spent almost 3 months in Canada on business last year and I didnt spend a dime on phone calls (besides the monthly charge).

I would not, however, use it for business.

StevenD said:
Dont get me wrong...Packet8 is great as long as you accept the limitations. You can't do any big uploads or downloads while you are talking. But, my girlfriend spent almost 3 months in Canada on business last year and I didnt spend a dime on phone calls (besides the monthly charge).

I would not, however, use it for business.

With most lines being 1500 down, I dont see a download being an issue with the Packet8 line from a theory perspective. I can see a problem with my upload speed, since it is only 128K. With QoS implemented on my Windows 2003 Server, I dont think this will be an issue.

Bill

WLong said:
With most lines being 1500 down, I dont see a download being an issue with the Packet8 line from a theory perspective. I can see a problem with my upload speed, since it is only 128K. With QoS implemented on my Windows 2003 Server, I dont think this will be an issue.

Bill

If Packet8 is anything like Vonage, then there is an option to limit the outgoing transmissions (that use your upload speed) to 30kbps

So far no problems at all with Packet8's service. I give it a 10. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts