DISH Network Announces Third Quarter 2011 Financial Results

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You mean like directv's churn of over 300000 subscribers ADDED?
Churn doesn't contemplate the customers added. It is purely a statistic of the 953,000 customers lost in the quarter.

There were 1.28 million customers added (at $793 each) to DIRECTV's accounts receivable to get to the 325,000 net adds. That's an up-front cost of over one billion dollars.

Have you had considerable experience with DIRECTV's customer service recently?
Yep... Have you?

They are very courteous, gracious, and giving. I have so many free things on my account now that I cannot help but be appreciative of them. Every time I call for an issue (which I haven't had to do in a long time) they work very hard to resolve it.

Whenever they give promotions, I call them and ask them nicely if I can get the same. They often oblige or give me something else. I currently have free HD, $10 off my bill per month for a year, free Showtime for 3 months, and Free RedZone.

Out of all of the companies I deal with, they have the best customer service by far. The worst is ATT

Actually, comparable packages are not that much different. Once you add additional eqipment, then Direct maybe less expensive for some. With my setup, Direct is about $1 less than it would be for me to get Dish and the same channels.

That is where I am with my TV needs with AT120 with 1 HDTV and 1 SDTV.Dish Network's VIP722k/wMT2 not only works great(record 2 SAT +2 OTA at once) but their DuoHDDVR gives me multiroom DVR access plus saves me the rental price of another receiver every month.Then there's Dish Nework's AT120 which is a price that D* just does not have,$44.99 until 2013.;)

Have you had considerable experience with DIRECTV's customer service recently?

yep. Called them about a week ago because there was a local added that the D* site said was SV in my area but not showing. Called in and spent about 15 minutes while they tried to get it to show up and when it didnt work they researched it and found out right now its not a SV in my area (It is but they have it wrong) ;)

For the "trouble" I got $5 off my bill for a few months. They didnt have to do that but I'm happy they did.

dodgerking said:
Whenever they give promotions, I call them and ask them nicely if I can get the same.
same here.

I guess if credits and freebies equate to good customer service, I'm not surprised that the financial results failed to meet expectations.

You want sports it better be all in a seperate tier. I do not want to subsidize sports I dont want it or watch it! That was one of the very reasons I didnt go with direct! Because of the unwanted mandatory sports they shove down a persons throat and the 2 year agreement. In other words don't really have any complaints about dish. Until the price freeze ends, I will be waiting to see what that ends up to be.

I never had any problems when I was with D* getting a discount...but then I also paid more than $44.99 a month for my programming too!.:)
With an ARPU of $92/month, just about everyone who subscribes to DIRECTV pays more than 44.99/month.

I suppose if DISH charged everyone $15/month more, the financials would be rockin'.

You want sports it better be all in a seperate tier. I do not want to subsidize sports I dont want it or watch it!
Thats fine but pretty much every package has some sports in it.

That was one of the very reasons I didnt go with direct! Because of the unwanted mandatory sports they shove down a persons throat and the 2 year agreement.
unless you buy the equipment with Dish its a 2 year agreement too ;)
And what unwanted mandatory sports?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)