dish network, at&t and sky angel

rodbender777

Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
I posted this in the sky angel forum and wasn't sure how often that get's read, so I posted it here too.
I'll try and see if I can say this so it makes sense. But I need a little help.

I have been a lifetime subscriber to Sky Angel for about 7+ years. I own my equipment and have been happy with it.

I recently decided I wanted to add dish network. Through my AT&T rep I learned they have a deal for the dvr advantage plan that would be 39.99 per month for 10 months and 49.99 after that with an 18 month commitment. I thought this was a good deal. After talking she is putting in my info to dish and realizes I am a Sky Angel Subscriber and they can't put this new package on top of the SKy Angel package. She says I have to unsubscribe to Sky Angel for about 3 or 4 days get the dish package and then resubscribe to Sky Angel. Beiing a lifetime subscriber I'm leary about doing this.

So I call Sky Angel. The lady there says she hasn't heard of anything like this and states that I need to just deal directly with Dish network and there should be no problem. Of course you can see this decision would cost me about $100.

Does this sound right? If I deal with Dish directly what will be the advantage disadvantage? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Rod

I posted this in the sky angel forum and wasn't sure how often that get's read, so I posted it here too.
I'll try and see if I can say this so it makes sense. But I need a little help.

I have been a lifetime subscriber to Sky Angel for about 7+ years. I own my equipment and have been happy with it.

I recently decided I wanted to add dish network. Through my AT&T rep I learned they have a deal for the dvr advantage plan that would be 39.99 per month for 10 months and 49.99 after that with an 18 month commitment. I thought this was a good deal. After talking she is putting in my info to dish and realizes I am a Sky Angel Subscriber and they can't put this new package on top of the SKy Angel package. She says I have to unsubscribe to Sky Angel for about 3 or 4 days get the dish package and then resubscribe to Sky Angel. Beiing a lifetime subscriber I'm leary about doing this.

So I call Sky Angel. The lady there says she hasn't heard of anything like this and states that I need to just deal directly with Dish network and there should be no problem. Of course you can see this decision would cost me about $100.

Does this sound right? If I deal with Dish directly what will be the advantage disadvantage? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Rod

How would calling dish directly cost you$100. Dish offers new subs. the same deal that your refer to above.

Re: Sky Angel

The problem is, if you are a Sky Angel customer, you are also listed with DISH as a customer, because you use their receiver box and satellite.

I wouldn't drop the Sky Angel lifetime membership; you might, however, get Sky Angel to temporarily suspend your account and deactivate your receiver boxes, and tell DISH that you are no longer receiving service. In that way, you won't break the lilfetime membership you have with Sky Angel, but you'd be deleted from DISH's database.

After doing all of that, sign up with DISH, then reactivate Sky Angel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)