Dish network called me a thief and cant live in a 2 floor house!

I thought the OP's situation was:

1) Living in a 2-family home.
2) His family occupies the lower unit, which includes a basement living area (1 receiver), and a 1st-Floor living area (2-receivers).
3) Another family occupies the 2nd floor unit of the home (who knows what provider they are getting their TV from).

If this is correct than I believe Dish is in the wrong. However, was this properly and clearly explained to the auditor?

Incidently google earth frequently miss IDs homes. Often across the street or down the block from where google claims they are.

Heck google earth mapquest and GPS navigators all appear to use the same data base.

One of my customers schools comes up in the middle of I 70 closest to the fast lane:(

You find these errors usiung GPS to locate places, theres lots of them wrong!

If they looked at my house, which was built in 2001, they would see a heavily wooded area with absolutely no houses. Google Maps is the last thing anyone should go by.

If they looked at my house, which was built in 2001, they would see a heavily wooded area with absolutely no houses. Google Maps is the last thing anyone should go by.

Yeah many buildings arent where google earth says.

A good friend whos home is over a 100 years old lives in a vacant lot:( His home is actually across the street.

A customer of mines school mendon elementary. Google places it right in the I 70 fast lane, while its really a couple miles away:(

The master data base is good, but not THAT good......

There are a gazillion mistakes, use a GPS and you will find them constantly:(

MY trailer is identified as one 6 lots down from where I actually am using the 911 address I was assigned. So google earth is not accurate.

I was about to add (2) 322 receivers to my account I would then have 5 receivers on my account in all (2 612's, 1 301, and 2 322's) I live in a 3200 sq ft home do u guys think dish will give me a hard time

I was about to add (2) 322 receivers to my account I would then have 5 receivers on my account in all (2 612's, 1 301, and 2 322's) I live in a 3200 sq ft home do u guys think dish will give me a hard time

If the Audit Nazis don't get you for moving too slowly room to room you should be ok. Do you realize you will be paying $41 in receiver fees per month?

I call this one for Dish due to the point that the OP did not provide evidence that his receivers are all being used at one address. He admits two addresses. I don't care if his family unit is defined by him as 5 people or 3 people or 30 people. If they all lived in ONE address and had ALL dish equipment at one address and watched it from one address then he should have one account. Since he has some of the equipment or watching at a second address then it should be a second account. If he has all equipment at the same address but stretches a cable ( TV2) to a second address then this is in violation too and should fail the audit for a single account status.

It's too bad that so many of you demonstrated an intolerance for the OP's grammar and spelling or that he has an excitable personality. I pride myself in having some decent communication skills, but I empathize with the OP when it comes to communicating with many of these CSR's whether at Dish or any other company. So many of them have bad speaking accents, grammar, and pronunciation too that communications is often difficult. Couple that with rude behavior and I can say that once I became a "Jack Bauer" in my delivery in dealing with one CSR at Dish. It was triggered by him insulting me and then gathering around several other CSR's who began laughing at the situation. I heard them in the background! So, I do understand how some of these little Napoleons can get under your skin.

I think part of the OP's problem is he has a bit of delusional concept of what is allowed under his terms of service with Dish. He also has stated a kind of Pollyanna naivety with regard to our legal system as to being innocent until proven guilty. Ha Ha! He obviously has never had a real world experience with the law.

He has three choices: The solution to his dilemma is to move all equipment and monitors to one address. Or, contact local zoning and request a variance for the two family dwelling to a single address, Or, just get a second account for the second address, in effect, it's own TV service.

Finally, correct me if I am in error on this but if he has 4 families living under one household / and address then that should also qualify him as one account. I know from past experience that in some communities, there are zoning rules that prevent properties from housing more than one family unit, to include and limited to 2 spouses and direct offspring dependents ( children). If a parent is residing with the family, then the parent must be under direct responsibility of the head of household with a legal status, such as POA. This is what I had to have here for caring for my father.

I have TV2 run to my father's room off one of my 722's. Dish had no problem with this as it was under one address and my father is a resident here and under my legal care.

So, in summary, the OP is first having a communications problem. second is misinformed as to the rights and requirements of his Terms of Service with Dish. and finally has several options to resolve the conflict but all these will require he change what he is presently doing.

He admits two addresses.

Since he has some of the equipment or watching at a second address then it should be a second account.
I may have missed it, but where/when did he state this ? Is it his fault that he lives in a duplex ? Is that not allowed ? He's never mentioned anything about the other occupants.

I may have missed it, but where/when did he state this ? Is it his fault that he lives in a duplex ? Is that not allowed ? He's never mentioned anything about the other occupants.

Hall- Yes, it IS his fault he lives in a duplex. He didn't state that he was under house arrest there. :D. He actually states his house is a "two family house." In real estate lingo, that is called a duplex. Everyone here agrees his language is limited and therefore I felt his use of describing his house as a "two family house" is the same as what most people would call a duplex. I know of no community in the country where duplexes have the same addresses. Thus, the reason why I said one solution could be to get the zoning to change through a variance that what he lives in is a single family dwelling. Of course the property appraiser may disagree if they discover two kitchens and no inside connection between the two parts of the duplex.

BTW- A friend of mine has his mother stay in a second building on his property. He added a kitchen to it for her privacy. Zoning classed this as a separate address once the kitchen was added and permits were pulled. His mother also has her own cable account.

Hall- Yes, it IS his fault he lives in a duplex. He didn't state that he was under house arrest there. :D. He actually states his house is a "two family house." In real estate lingo, that is called a duplex. Everyone here agrees his language is limited and therefore I felt his use of describing his house as a "two family house" is the same as what most people would call a duplex. I know of no community in the country where duplexes have the same addresses. Thus, the reason why I said one solution could be to get the zoning to change through a variance that what he lives in is a single family dwelling. Of course the property appraiser may disagree if they discover two kitchens and no inside connection between the two parts of the duplex.

BTW- A friend of mine has his mother stay in a second building on his property. He added a kitchen to it for her privacy. Zoning classed this as a separate address once the kitchen was added and permits were pulled. His mother also has her own cable account.

He never said his family was living in both addresses. DISH assumed he was living in both units.

All we really know is a summary of events as related by the OP and his viewpoint of the situation. We have VERY little to tell us what actually happened and who if anyone is at fault for the results. Couple that with the reputation the audi department has made for itself and we will never know the whole story. Do customers ever tell everything they did or said? Rarely. Do CSRs ever pull outrageous stunts on the phone? It happens.

Whatever happened, OP needs to get on the phone, send an email to CEO@, and work this out.

If the OP wants satisfaction he will have to deal with the audit department and get the Excecutive Support Team involved.

Forums don't lend themselves to good English even from those who have excellent educations.

It's nothing to loose your temper over. Lose not loose
The problem is series. It's serious not series.
Now this has become a hugh problem. How about huge, not hugh.

You could fill several pages with all the misquoted phrases, sayings, expressions, and simple wrong word usage found in this and many other forums. That said, the description first given was rather difficult to decipher. I think it's been beaten thoroughly now though.

Good luck czynot.

He never said his family was living in both addresses.

Actually, he claimed on two different posts he could afford to live in the duplex as one family of 5. But what Dish is wrong with is making a claim that his receivers were located in 3 different addresses using one account. The whole situation is peculiar and needs verification.

If I personally, live and occupy a quadplex with 4 addresses, and put a receiver in each address, I would expect Dish to claim I should have 4 accounts until such time as I could show, I'm one person who has converted the dwelling to a single residence. He should do this with his property appraiser if possible ( notwithstanding the Kitchen rule). If not, then he needs to get a physical audit to prove all receivers are located at one of the two addresses he lives at.

As for recording a phone conversation, you are legally allowed in most states to record any phone conversation you have with another person as long as you are materially a participant in that conversation. You can also use that recording as legal evidence in most states. It is illegal in most states to record a phone conversation of two other people without the knowledge OR PERMISSION of either party. I am pretty much up on this law since I have been doing recording of tele conferences professionally for quite a few years. We record the permission acknowledgments. MY clients, many being large corporations are up on the legal requirements of these teleconferences and play by the book. If you do not advise the other person and get their permission to record when you are a participant, you can still record the conversation but in most states it is not allowed to be used as evidence. FWIW- I record all my phone conversations for private records. I only advise the other party I am recording when they state they are recording me and at that time I advise them that I am also recording the conversation and "may use the recording as evidence in court" It usually keeps the other person on their guard against the kind of nonsense discussion the OP claims he had with Dish CSR.

He told them to have a technician to come out to verify that they were all at same residence and the auditor refused to do so to verify this. That was WRONG on Dish Network's behalf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts