Dish network called me a thief and cant live in a 2 floor house!

A little calm might be appropriate here. The OP has presented a conundrum that might be cleared up with Dish in a reasoned way. He has said his family of five lives in a two family house, ergo two addresses. Dish's terms of service are that accounts are limited to one physical address. If he is above board in his claim that he is occupying the entire premises as one unit, he might simply present evidence that he has a deed to or pays rent for both units, and some, maybe photographic, utility bills, etc., evidence that the units are no longer occupied separately, and therfore clear up the issue with Dish. When he says family, I am giving him credit for one family unit occupying the entire building as one unit, rather than, for example he and a wife and child in one unit and his parents occupying the other unit separately. The latter would require separate accounts.

Rather than ranting, it might just be better to present the evidence that Dish asked for, the audit reps alleged behavior aside.

another fine example why i have C band. the reasons to keep mounting why i don't use pizza services...customer service, lengthy contracts, too many rules and loopholes that benefit them.

He didn't say anything about living in the 2nd unit. He lives on the 1st floor (and basement). I suspect the audit nazi thinks he's sharing service with the 2nd unit.

There could have been two seperate accounts at the same building in the past before he got one account for the whole residence. I would not have thought that Dish Network would have been tracking it that closely though.

Google earth has LOTs of mistakes, had a good friend who lived in what was ONCE a 2 family home. I helped him remove the second kitchen when he needed the room for another child. now graduating high school......

I feel bad for the OP first you get accused of something your not guilty of, come here looking for answers and get slammed for poor grammar and punctuation.......

A little calm might be appropriate here. The OP has presented a conundrum that might be cleared up with Dish in a reasoned way. He has said his family of five lives in a two family house, ergo two addresses. Dish's terms of service are that accounts are limited to one physical address. If he is above board in his claim that he is occupying the entire premises as one unit, he might simply present evidence that he has a deed to or pays rent for both units, and some, maybe photographic, utility bills, etc., evidence that the units are no longer occupied separately, and therfore clear up the issue with Dish. When he says family, I am giving him credit for one family unit occupying the entire building as one unit, rather than, for example he and a wife and child in one unit and his parents occupying the other unit separately. The latter would require separate accounts.

Rather than ranting, it might just be better to present the evidence that Dish asked for, the audit reps alleged behavior aside.

Yes. I can do a video evidence and so all paper work to Dish network. Yes i can contact CEO, Attorney general or BBB. The point I try to pass is that I am a paying customer. Why do I/we the customer get hassle and have to proof ourselves just to give them money.
If this company wish to check my house or family? they should do it before providing service. Not after I sign the contact and go make up stories that I took too long to go to my bed room. Besides, the dish and receiver were setup by their people.
Like I stated, If they dont want me? just cancel me. KICK ME OUT! Dont charge me cancellation fee for which they refuse to provide me with the service I am paying for.

Last edited:
I guess it boils down to whether solving the problem is, or is not, your goal. Have you tested whether anyone from Dish other than the audit reps will assist you, the paying customer, in getting a resolution?

Yes. I can do a video evidence and so all paper work to Dish network. Yes i can contact CEO, Attorney general or BBB. The point I try to pass is that I am a paying customer. Why do I/we the customer get hassle and have to proof ourselves just to give them money.
If this company wish to check my house or family? they should do it before providing service. Not after I sign the contact and go make up stories that I took too long to go to my bed room. Besides, the dish and receiver were setup by their people.
Like I stated, If they dont want me? just cancel me. KICK ME OUT! Dont charge me cancellation fee for which they refuse to provide me with the service I am paying for.

It is because they are trying to milk every last dollar out of you. They have a whole task force devoted to trying to find people they think and assume could make them more money. You are not innocent until you prove it with them. If I were you I'd get cable and switch banks so they can't rob your account when you cancel. Talk to them again first though.

Rather than whining on the internet you need to do two simple things. #1 contact dish network and ask to speak with a supervisor. Calmly explain the situation and let them know that this is there one time to correct the issue. Make sure they understand that by contract, you pay for a service and by contract, they are required to provide that service. If they are unwilling to do so, then your only option will be to contact your State Attorney General's office and file a complaint.

Then, if they don't deal with you in a satisfactory method, do exactly what you said you were going to do, contact your State Attorney Generals office and file a complaint. That is one of the reasons why the Attorney General's office is there, to help the citizens. They will investigate the issue and take action. Now depending on your state, Dish may act or not. Some state's have weak Attorney Generals, and others have Attorney Generals that really do scare businesses that cross their citizens.

But those are your options. If dish is really doing this to you, yes it is a bad deal. But to fix it you will need to act.

Calmly explain the situation and let them know that this is there one time to correct the issue. Make sure they understand that by contract, you pay for a service and by contract, they are required to provide that service.
They are still providing him service. When did he state that they're not ?

I don't think a Supervisor is going to help. They will refer you to that special 866 number I believe it is and tell them you have to speak to them about it. Seems like the audit team has power overtop anybody you can reach on the phone when trying to call the regular Dish Network number. One person says the CEO email address worked so I would try that as you would have everything proof in text. 99% of people I know would tell them to shove it and cancel and tell them that they aint getting a penny in penalties and tell all their friends.

I had at one point had the audit team on me mainly because I had one too many 7x00 boxes and for ages they were a pirates dream box. Which did not make sense to me as if i was going to dawn the pirate patch I wold not have them on my account but what ever. I had two boxes crash on me and had to do the jenny code to reset which takes for ever basically got a rude rep and was treated like the OP in this thread... I had all but one box turn off. I called the number back the next day and said hey look i was sick and the boxes were not working well so i had to do a jenny code reset. theyere all up I be more then willing to give you the numbers you ask for. The 2nd person from the audit team was very nice and I never had another problem from them.

The broken English can be a problem. If he's a sub to any of the Arabic or Indian programming, he is subject to audit and that's because of trending. It's also why some sport packages are limited to just the primary receiver on the account.

I also think they use the audit team to "disconnect" customers they don't want anymore for profitability reasons. Customers who demand too many credits fall in this category as well as customers who call in too often. To get an understanding of this, Google "Sprint disconnects thousands of customers who complain too much". This might be DISH's approach to the same problem without the same media fallout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts