Dish network called me a thief and cant live in a 2 floor house!

Ya the guys English is very poor, honestly thats beside the point. The bull in this story (to me at least) is that the auditors used Google earth as a reference.

Belive it or not this is what excactly happen. Bad english does not make it real or fake post. I am soo upsad at the whole phone call with dish network. I can even think stright. If someone on the phone say they dont belive the box are in one family and that you will be bill for 3 accounts instead of one? i think you be upsad too.
I am willing to cancel on the spot but dont want to get slap with the cancel fee.
All receivers are new from Dish network. I do not use land lines anymore because everyone in the house have cell phone. No point of opening up a land service just so my reciever can connect to dish network.
First of all. my house is a 2 family house. I live on the fist floor and use the basement as living room/ entertainment room. one tv in the basement. other 2 are in the bedroom on the 1fl. there are 13steps from the basment to first floor. bedroom are 15-20 ft apart. He can hear me walk around in the house.
The fact is that if I can afford it, i can use a 2 family house for my whole family of 5. there is no law saying 2 family house are 2 family only. But i live on 1fl and basement.
I would like to know what they say about the DUGGAR family.

I'm not telling anyone to break the law here, because I don't fully know the law,someone correct me if I am wrong, but sometime it would be interesting if someone would record the call with audit department just to hear how it all goes down, again if this is against the law then don't do it.

Last edited:
I did say this to the rep. I say "If I have 10 floors in my house and I can afford it? i can live in and use up all 10 floors. Isnt that still consider one family?". he reply "If you can afford to live on 10 floors? than you can afford 10 accounts". these are his exact words.

As for recording? they can record you and get away for it. every company record it for evidences. do you really belive you are recorded for training purpose?

What receivers

Belive it or not this is what excactly happen. Bad english does not make it real or fake post. I am soo upsad at the whole phone call with dish network. I can even think stright. If someone on the phone say they dont belive the box are in one family and that you will be bill for 3 accounts instead of one? i think you be upsad too.
I am willing to cancel on the spot but dont want to get slap with the cancel fee.
All receivers are new from Dish network. I do not use land lines anymore because everyone in the house have cell phone. No point of opening up a land service just so my reciever can connect to dish network.
First of all. my house is a 2 family house. I live on the fist floor and use the basement as living room/ entertainment room. one tv in the basement. other 2 are in the bedroom on the 1fl. there are 13steps from the basment to first floor. bedroom are 15-20 ft apart. He can hear me walk around in the house.
The fact is that if I can afford it, i can use a 2 family house for my whole family of 5. there is no law saying 2 family house are 2 family only. But i live on 1fl and basement.
I would like to know what they say about the DUGGAR family.

What receivers do you have? Do they allow a connection to the internet?

no internet connection on the receivers. I have 3 receivers.
I have to call them because my channels are not working. when I called them they say "oh, we just need to verify the boxes. I just need to read them the info on the system menu. box #, serial etc,etc. I went thought with them in less the 5 mins. he put me on hold and went to check my house. He told me so. he say he went to NYS poperty search and my house is a 2 family house. than he say he say saw aerial view of my house and its a 2 floor house. therefore he dont belive I have all 3 boxes in one family BECAUSE I TOOK TOO LONG going to next room.

Last edited:
If they can record you then don't that give you the right to record them as well?

Also, best thing to do is contact Attorney General's office if what you say is true to get out of the contract without penalty and just switch to Directv.

If you do not answer the phone then they will shut the boxes off on you.

Companies that do customers this way do not deserve your business and do not want it that bad. I wonder if they pull this stunt on people that are in contracts more than those that ain't because they know you are stuck.

I find it unbelievable that some of you are doubting his story because of his bad English :eek: I hope none of you end up being a jury for a trial involving someone whose native tongue isn't English! :mad:

I find it unbelievable that some of you are doubting his story because of his bad English :eek: I hope none of you end up being a jury for a trial involving someone whose native tongue isn't English! :mad:

It has nothing to do with the fact that he can't type in english (for me anyway). It has to do with the story sounding like BS!

They wanted me to PROOF that all the boxes are in one house.
If I am a paying customer why do I still need to proof to them that I am not a thief.
this is sick. What is happening to customer service.
now under my name? i have 3 accounts. they change my account to 3 because of this. the will bill me for 3 account. I am willing cancel and go somewhere else. they say they can cancel my service but i am still liable for the cancellation fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)