Dish Network Center instead of Pepsi Center in Denver??

E*Dude

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
Why is there a beginning of an outline of the Dish logo atop the Pepsi Center in Denver? I noticed this during tonight’s game… Dish Network Center? (see attached)

Attachments

• dishcenter.jpg
    dishcenter.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 480
dish network had a deal too put there logo on the roof- i think that went away,, its always been called pepsi center since it open (20yr deal)

Look at the picture closely, there is a "Swoosh" on the top and bottom of what seems to be the DISH Network logo.

If this was the beginning of a logo being painted on the roof, then there would not be (2) Swooshes, since that was part of the old logo. The newer updated DISH Network logo only has a Swoosh on the top!

I think there was a DISH Network logo painted on top of the Pepsi center at one time, but that deal expired and it was painted over, and what your seeing now is that layer of paint fading away exposing the old logo under the layers of paint.

Dish was the first company to sign and carry Altitude (Nuggets, Av's, Mammoth, etc) to a contract, and part of that deal (to give a middle finger to DTV who was balking at signing them at the time) was to have the Dish logo painted on the roof of the Pepsi Center along with the channel number 410...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)