Dish Network CEO says label as America’s worst company to work for is “ridiculous”

I checked Yelp and dish has the lowest customer satisfaction ratings I have ever seen for a company.

Most of the unhappy customers do not blame Dish Employees but dish for putting them in unworkable condition.

Liquidforce88 said:
He does not need a survey. All he has to do is go and look on the internet boards. There is nothing good said about working for this company anywhere.

The problems have been talked about to death.

1. Scheduling of jobs for techs. These drop in jobs are B.S. No customer expects a tech to be at the door within 2 hours of ordering service.
2. Daily demands on the tech have become unrealistic. 6 to 7 jobs in one day is crazy. Meeting all system specs and time slots impossible. You can't have top rated service and do it in 30 min.
3. Expecting techs to bring old systems up to new specs, and not paying anything or next to nothing for it.
4. Back charging techs for things beyond their control.
5. Penalizing techs for customers that live in the woods, customer that are not home for their appointment, customers cancel because sales mislead them or any other reason a job can not be completed that the tech has no control over.
6. Employee's that are forced to work holiday's with no extra pay. Pay TV service is not an essential service, and there is no reason customers could not get there job done a day later. But Dish has show again and again that they FORCE customers to take appointments on holiday's. Nothing more than corporate greed here.
7. Constant changing of the rules or flat made up as they go. (this has to do with the QC people failing jobs)
8. A customer satisfaction system that is setup for the tech to fail. Anything less than a 10 is a fail.
9. Penalizing techs for customers that don't have a home phone or High Speed internet.

I have not worked on the CSR side of the business, but I have heard complaints from them as well on these forums. Things like expecting the CSR to handel a customers complaints in a certain amount of time. How can you expect to have good customer service when you are more concerned about how fast you get the customer off the phone? I have heard of forced OT issues, as well as changed schedules with no consideration of plans the employee may have made.

The biggest thing is that the enviroment of the employee is one of constant fear. Constantly being told that your job is on the line. If you do meet one of the crazy demends this company has, they change it to a harder level. Never being told good job when you do meet a goal. It's always why can't you do better, never great job. I can personally say that Dish is the worst company I have ever done work for. I can't imagine a worse enviroment.

I currently am employed there and couldn't have said it better in as many words

Yes, have to agree. Maybe not the worst, but reasonable posts sure make it seem like Dish needs to rethink how employees are treated.

Don't forget to sell your $15 screen cleaner to people who live in poverty by the way you get zero health benefits have to work whenever we say and get 100 pts in a day even if you work from 7am-10pm even though we hired and half ass trained you 2 months ago make sure you're on time for the daily "everyone's getting fired" pep talk

Gotta agree with thekrell and tampa8.That would be my observation as well.I honestly believe if the working environment improved customer service would improve.It goes hand in hand.

For a communications company, there seems to be a serious lack of...........
Mr. Clayton is surely doing well in his multi $$ million annual salary, I'm sure it's looks good from the top.
Well it is obvious he's clueless from the day to day operations.
I would personally like to see dish fall flat on their face & I'm not talking about dirt or the other front line people, they perform flawlessly & with a smile.
Dish needs to stand up & be accounted for not only with their employees, but, retailers, rsp's, & sales partners.
Enough is enough................

For a communications company, there seems to be a serious lack of...........
Mr. Clayton is surely doing well in his multi $$ million annual salary, I'm sure it's looks good from the top.
Well it is obvious he's clueless from the day to day operations.
I would personally like to see dish fall flat on their face & I'm not talking about dirt or the other front line people, they perform flawlessly & with a smile.
Dish needs to stand up & be accounted for not only with their employees, but, retailers, rsp's, & sales partners.
Enough is enough................

BS, Mr. Clayton knows exactly what's going on and that's also exactly why it is looking so good from the top. And that is exactly why he denies it and exactly why he's not gonna change it, because he wants to keep it looking good from the top. Obviously the good look from the top has to be financed from something, and that sure as heck won't be accomplished with treating your employees decent and generously.
This is America. You can accomplish anything you want and nobody can prevent you from doing so.
He has accomplished a good look from the top and his job is to make sure it stays that way.

So, if a tech is scored an 8 on one of the 5 metrics, it's a fail? Now I feel like crap for scoring honestly.
Also, who the hell decided between the 1-10 score, #1 being lowest and #0 being highest? I can only imagine how many customers push #1 and 0 for a ten and end up voting 1.
WE HAVE A BINGO !

TomD said:
If a company of 30,000 employees is doing their FIRST internal survey, then there is no doubt they have some problems. It speaks to a culture where employee input is not valued.

Got to agree. Dish just celebrated their was it 30th anniversary last year? And it took an outside agency to get them to ask their employees' opinions? You can coo and crow all you want Joe, but those are tough facts to rebut.

Be careful what you ask for. Our company does that every year. They put our a survey. It's has helped out a lot. Hopefully it will help Dish too.
I don't know. Did anyone see Undercover Boss 7-11 Episode, Well coming from some of the 7-11's they went to nothing changed. :eek:
I for one say its a choke all the CEO's care about today is their paycheck.

So now go do your job and his or they will have you replaced tomorrow!!!!:eek:

Last edited:
Perception, a job is only what it perceived to be by the employee. If the employee thinks he is doing a great job, but his boss chews him out over every little detail. Its' all perception.

Well I will comment as a person who went through one of these surveys.

I worked for an automotive dealership. It was either Chevrolet or Chrysler( don't remember which,it was many years ago) who mandated the dealership have all its employees take the survey anonymously. You filled out the survey, no names, stuffed back into an envelope and placed it in a box. The manufacturer then tallied up the results and presented them to the owner and management.

Yes it was an eye opener to everyone involved. We then worked on resolving the issues it found.

So Dish doesn't have to have the survey signed by each employee, just hand them a survey, tell the employee to fill it out , collect the surveys and tally them up. The next step would be up to Dish, meaning will they address major issues they find. The internal survey could even be conducted by an outside source.

Now that kind of survey results I would take notice of, not some minor company taking a survey result from a minor survey company.

Also I have found that owners/top management rely too much on mid management's "take" on how things are running. They need to talk to those down in the trenches doing the grunt work.

I for one say its a choke all the CEO's care about today is their paycheck.

So now go do your job and his or they will have you replaced tomorrow!!!!:eek:
They all lose their jobs in a couple of years. anyway. Other than founding CEO's, most CEO's and other "C-word" execs only last a couple of years anyway. And, when they get canned for poor company performance, they get a huge bonus.:eek: When you or I get canned, especially if it's because of a perceived performance issue, we get bupkus.:rant: Most companies will even try and get out of paying unused vacation time, unless you're lucky enough to live in a pro-labor state like CA.

At the company I used to work at we had to put in our employee id for the survey we took. Our location gave the shop manager the lowest score in the company for two years. The 2nd year her results came back bad, she was unemployed.

Now our location had 250 employees, so when the results came in and they were bad for the second year we figured nothing would happen. The next week the corporate suits came in from HQ and she was walked out the door an hour later...

They gave her a year to fix the problem, second year the results were worse. Dish needs to follow the same route..

Plus, the landscapers are most likely outsourced, and provided by a vendor, not by Dish employees.
Err... when I was at the uplink center I saw a few push mowers in one of the garages.

It would not surprise me if they tell someone to go out there and mow or have a dedicated maintence man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts