Dish online Tech support still batting a thousand!

steve4810

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
My VIP722K began spontaneous reboots several times a day and so I logged onto Dish Online tech support for help.

So after jumping thru the standard hoops they must use to make sure I'm not too crazy or stupid they forwarded me to advance support and that fellow read the chat text and essentially said "sounds like we need to replace the receiver".

Bing, bang, boom. Twenty minutes and a new(refurbed) 722K is on the way.

As I've said before Dish people are the best.

Hi, I am sorry that it was so frustrating for you to get your receiver replaced. Please feel free to contact a DIRT member in the future and we will assist you in a more timely manner. We are here to help all the Sat Guy members! Thank you!

Hi, I am sorry that it was so frustrating for you to get your receiver replaced. Please feel free to contact a DIRT member in the future and we will assist you in a more timely manner. We are here to help all the Sat Guy members! Thank you!
I'm sorry I wasn't clear.

You and all the tech support folks are great. The hoops I spoke of are totally understandable. I've read some really stupid user problem posts here. I think we all (or almost all) try to learn how to operate the great equipment Dish supplies to us but I wouldn't begrudge any support person for asking, in response to "my screen is black", if the customer's TV is plugged in and turned on.

Checking out the problem for a few minutes before shipping a replacement receiver is just being prudent with the company's inventory.

Steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)