Are you still there?

Jon J

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2005
Music City, USA
I wonder who decided to require a response periodically to keep what you are watching? I admit I don't watch intently all the time.

I wonder who decided to require a response periodically to keep what you are watching? I admit I don't watch intently all the time.
If you're talking about Netflix or other apps it's so if you're not watching anymore it will stop using your internet. If you're talking about the hopper itself it has to do with the inactivity timer and can be changed under power settings

Maybe, the concern is that the device will die faster if it is accidentally kept on all the time. Manufacturers had the same suggestion for receivers/amplifiers years ago.
That could be true. However, for myself, I never accidentally leave my equipment left on all the time. I actually use Harmony remotes and when I am finished watching my program, whether it be from my Hopper or Apple TV, or whatever, I simply push the off button and everything goes into off/standby. That is why never has always worked for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts